Let's go retro !!

Heya everybody, I heard your call Carnut. ;)

It's been years since I came here at the UMOS insanity for the last time, wow seems like nothing has changed.
Actually, I miss the cool vibe of this place and I still remember all of you posting here in this thread. In a good way.

Unfortunately my life has been quite chaotic and changing (3 resettlings) in the last years, sometimes good, sometimes very bad. Other reasons are the lack of time for new releases, my own board which requires some "work" all the time and my english hasn't improved in the meanwhile too ahah.
Still, now it's getting much better on every plan, I've got a new job starting in 2012, my first house, my first stable couple situation. I can finally leave Paris as well, a lot more serenity is lying head I hope. Despite all the crap I had to go through I feel blessed and relieved so maybe I'll be in the mood for meeting again with old and not so old friends. :)

Musically I still listen to the same heavy stuff, US power metal, epic doom, thrash, modern prog, 70's rock, and singers.

Rock on!

Flo, mon ami!

It's good to read you again. Life is indeed a rollercoaster, but I'm glad yours is taking a good direction.

Yeah we don't change much things here, probably to get sure the kids found their old room when they show around :p

Mummies, like in preservation of the dear departed for the travel to the netherworld?

If that's the case we can open a thread about it.

LOL, no my friend, not real mummies. Mummies as in Here Come The Mummies, my new favorite band to listen to and watch on DVD. They are kind of a hybrid rock/jazz/funk/zappaesque band dressed in tattered rags and sing funny and risque lyrics.

Flo, mon ami!

It's good to read you again. Life is indeed a rollercoaster, but I'm glad yours is taking a good direction.
Thank you Wyv, I remember Carnut telling me at Keep It True festival some time ago that you almost made it but that you had a problem in the last minute. Am I correct or was I drunk? :D Or maybe I'm mixing up with someone else from this board.
It would have been so cool to finally meet after so many years.

Thank you Wyv, I remember Carnut telling me at Keep It True festival some time ago that you almost made it but that you had a problem in the last minute.

Not quite last minute. I had to change jobs in March and thus my vacation time (and a lot of money :cry:) went away so I couldn't made it.

I'm still confident nevertheless to make it someday. I really want to meet my friends from across the pond :headbang:

Hey Guys and Girls :)
Been away a long time and yes it has been due in part to facebook. The last couple of years have seen major changes for me and a lot of time minus an internet connection. I left a relationship that wasn't right went off the rails a little then met someone new and moved away from all my friends (hence the regular facebook use to keep in touch with them) Some days I still wonder if the move was the best or worst thing I've ever done but in the words of Poison "only time will tell" lol I'm either working or volunteering every day of the week now so my internet time is limited but will try and post here a little more this year. As others have said this place doesn't seem to have changed much which is nice to find.
Thank you to Carnut for the PM I honestly didn't think I would have been one of the people who was notably missed. I was quite shocked at some of the other names that are MIA though.

Hi Metal Dog !!!!!! Nice to drop by to say hello again.
Most of us are on Facebook too ;-)

If you want to add me, my real name is Gert Ouderits, can't miss it, only one in the world with that name, haha !

Hey guys !! I am still around. I have taken some time off from message boards and the like. It is NOT permanent, but I wanted to play a little more guitar, spend a little more time with the family etc. I think the lay-off from the board will get me a little more enthused about posting etc.

Bryant

Hey Guys and Girls :)
Been away a long time and yes it has been due in part to facebook.

Hey milady, great to see you're around. And yes the damn Facebook is killing this forum and Internet in general :tickled:

What we did was to connect thru the site too, we even have a group there that nobody uses or visit :loco:

The place never changes because we refuse to change ;), drop from time to time for a post, you're family.

Like Gert I'm the only one on FB, Rolando Procupez-Schtirbu, if you want me around.

but I wanted to play a little more guitar, spend a little more time with the family etc..

Bryant

Yeah, yeah, yeah, excuses :p

We need someone to pimp Vanden Plas around.

What's up people?!! I stopped in one day and thought I would try to log in and see if my user name still worked... it does.. Haha. Then I saw a PM from Carnut about this thread. Nice to see this place is still the same!!!!

Since I wandered away from here I have found a great lady and we bought a new house and moved in together. Everything is cool. I'm still listening to old ass metal and my vinyl collecting has ... well kind of gotten out of hand.. haha. Got a 2 car garage full of records now. I don't keep up with new bands too much these days but I do still buy new releases from the 80's metal bands.

All in all everything is cool on my end. I stop in here ever few months but just never log in until yesterday. I'll try to do a little posting again. I do miss this place and all the friends I made here. No other message board was ever as good as this one.

Since I wandered away from here I have found a great lady and we bought a new house and moved in together. Everything is cool. I'm still listening to old ass metal and my vinyl collecting has ... well kind of gotten out of hand.. haha. Got a 2 car garage full of records now. I don't keep up with new bands too much these days but I do still buy new releases from the 80's metal bands.

All in all everything is cool on my end. I stop in here ever few months but just never log in until yesterday. I'll try to do a little posting again. I do miss this place and all the friends I made here. No other message board was ever as good as this one.

Cool to read all about it old pal.

I answered to other of your recent posts, it's good indeed to have you around. Old School family once, family forever
icon_thumbsup.gif

Hey guys :) managed to find a few minutes in what has become an extremely busy life of late to stop in and give an update. I may be wrong but I believe I may have had the pleasure of meeting one of our MIAs last night. One Mr Trixxi Trash (AKA Trent Wilson) may be playing in a band called White Widdow. They played at Rock City in Nottingham last night and they were fantastic (for all those in to 80s/Classic Rock check them out!) I didn't connect the possibilites until I got on the net today but knowing he played in a band called The Deadthings (who have the same singer as White Widdow) I think it could be him. One of the UMOS brother(and sister)hood making it :)

One Mr Trixxi Trash (AKA Trent Wilson) may be playing in a band called White Widdow.

Awesome news MD. I wondered for quite some time what happened to Trixxi.

Glad you drop by too, we always welcome back family :wave:

Damn good to 'see' you again Metal Dog. The news about Trixxi is great! I miss his posts here. Good to hear he is doing so well.