Let's hear you GROWL!

Wow, good job guys! Belial, your vox are pretty deep, sounds like it'd make a great Swedish DM/thrash voice to me.Kush kinda reminds me of Enslaved, and Schraiber is sort of like the dude from Agalloch. Couldn't get Analog Kids to work, and I'll check the Queiscient later.

If anyone's interested, I've got a small vocal sample up here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music4/fjalls

It's only one of the styles I use though....

i just switched from guitar to vocals in my band. the death growls are comin along beautifully if i must say so myself!

Well, I dont have a bad gurgle and growel on me so I'll make another thread when I get one of my bands songs or just one of the many vocal tests I've made. I'm just warning now so I dont seem wanky when it post a thread "This is me groweling" hahaha

Trapped said:
Hey... can someone teach me to do the REALLY high squeal that Dani Filth does??

I have perfected all of Midian except the high squeal that he does occasionally...

Example...

*cough*

Red roses fooooorr... the devils "WWHWHHHOOOOOOAAAAARRRRREEEEE!!!!!""

You know.. that high squeal... i can't work out how the FUCK he does it. :mumble:

:lol: yeah, dani has an eight-octave range, which is basically unheard of. apparently selling your soul to satan pays off. :p

Trapped said:
Hey... can someone teach me to do the REALLY high squeal that Dani Filth does??

I have perfected all of Midian except the high squeal that he does occasionally...

Example...

*cough*

Red roses fooooorr... the devils "WWHWHHHOOOOOOAAAAARRRRREEEEE!!!!!""

You know.. that high squeal... i can't work out how the FUCK he does it. :mumble:

Try to invert your air. Don't breath out, but breath in. This is why it seems quiet. It really is, but amplified, or recorded, it sounds massive. This may not be how he does it, but I do know for a fact, this is how some of them achieve this.

By the way, to hear an almost perfect inverted scream, listen to "Careful With That Axe, Eugene" by Pink Floyd.

Don Corleone said:
hey you guys tell me how dani filth can manage all those vocals (screams, screeches, growls, death vocals) while i try to utter one sentence and have a hoarse voice the whole day...

extreme amounts of vocal effects and quadruple layered vocals

Originally posted by Belial
Beer, strong throat, practice.

Pent up rage and angst against humanity help too.

And smoking. Or did someone else already say that. I never read all the messages. :D

Hey y'all. I am a vocalist. I've got this Mike Patton thing, so I can do about anything. Growling's okay. I can do like 5 different kinds. One of them is sort of like a bark more than a growl. One sounds like In Flames, one like Mikael on Orchid, one like Mikael on BWP, and the last sounds like the guy from Soilwork. Sweet, huh?