Lies

Why did you all become so defensive?

a) "Apart from her saying this is how "men" are, I'm curious what you think about this - do you think this is the European way and there's no escape? It makes me deeply sad."

b) "For example, here's irony. 8 times out of ten I do mean what I say, but I have to make it look like I don't, otherwise I'd look too open. So, in fact, I disguise the truth as a truth that looks like a lie. Or as a lie that looks like truth? Ehh, I can't even follow it."

c) I got pissed off at being told it was all bullshit.

I thought I might get some opinion posts like Allan's but it seems my points weren't clear enough. Sorry.

Speaking of stuff I only know a fraction about, but I like how she draws that conclusion, because a man lied to this woman at the end, instead of the whole colonisation lie (ie quoted passage). Says a lot about women, hehe.

"at the end when Marlow tells her that Kurtz's last word was her name suggests how men really are: they have to lie"

But as said, I only know that fraction, might be out of context. And was in no way near being all serious.

Dhatura said:
You see, that's a good example, why lie about things like this? Especially in an anonymous survey.
"The researchers think the results explain the previously reported differences in men and women's sexual behaviour, with women being afraid of getting labelled as "whores"."We live in a culture that really does expect a different pattern of sexual behaviour from women than it does from men," says Fisher."

this was only about sex, i still don't believe women lie more in general

Bastet said:
"The researchers think the results explain the previously reported differences in men and women's sexual behaviour, with women being afraid of getting labelled as "whores"."We live in a culture that really does expect a different pattern of sexual behaviour from women than it does from men," says Fisher."

this was only about sex, i still don't believe women lie more in general

Though this is another point, why do they feel they have to lie about this? "We live in a culture that really does expect a different pattern of sexual behaviour from women than it does from men". These expectations are so pervasive that they lie even anonymously. Whyyyyy?

Iøll go watch an "award winning documentary" on American pilots taking so called go-pills which make them schizophrenic, high and so on, more as a rule than an exception. Claiming that's the cause of the insane amount of friendly fire casualties, bet that'll be a laugh.

Dhatura said:
Though this is another point, why do they feel they have to lie about this? "We live in a culture that really does expect a different pattern of sexual behaviour from women than it does from men". These expectations are so pervasive that they lie even anonymously. Whyyyyy?
maybe because they don't even want to admit it to themselves...
allthough i think it's getting better, these ideas about sexual behaviour are stillvery common.
i've heard girls being called "the mattress of the city" more than once...:(

Like "the town bike" I've heard from Strangelight, hehe.

tandem.jpg

tandem.gif