Line 6 Helix - pod replacement

I'm really considering buying one but I'm of course going to wait until I hear proper high gain demos from Ola, Fluff or Kieth Merrow.

What the fuck are you talking about? Unless you've got a unit, how the fuck do you know what parameters are available?:Shedevil:

There's 6 knobs and no page buttons. Doesn't take powers of clairvoyance to see where that will end. It's the same old shit rebooted. I wish Yamaha had more input in this and AT LEAST included some algos from their heritage (the reverse reverbs from the SPX90 and SPX90II, their "Soft Focus" patch from the FX500, their Early Reflections and Symphonic programs). As is, this is more of the same old boring L6. Fortunately I have tons of old rack effects purchased for a song. And most of the vintage junk they've decided to model I either have or can get an analog copy of for $25 from China w/free shipping. Sorry if you are excited about it I'm happy for you, but I wanted more. A lot more.

bump. Do any of you guys have an updated opinion on the Helix now that more clips have been out? Here is a comparison made by m~Dan on TGP forutm between the Helix and Kemper (Helix tone first half then Kemper) Rectifier sounds. The Helix is using stock cabs and the Kemper is using a SinMix IR.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9333867/Helix/Rectifier.mp3

Heres another with the Engl Fireball with the stock cab first half then the Kemper(full profile no IR).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9333867/Helix/Fireball.mp3

bump. Do any of you guys have an updated opinion on the Helix now that more clips have been out? Here is a comparison made by m~Dan on TGP forutm between the Helix and Kemper (Helix tone first half then Kemper) Rectifier sounds. The Helix is using stock cabs and the Kemper is using a SinMix IR.

Heres another with the Engl Fireball with the stock cab first half then the Kemper(full profile no IR).

He should've used the same IR on both units since the Helix can host IRs, that would've made a better comparison.

I'm liking what I'm hearing from the Helix overall. I think its tones are really usable in the mix- not too woofy, not too harsh.

It's a hell of a lot more realistic than the HD line- like worlds and generations more realistic. Kemper still sounds better, but I could see the Helix being a decent competitor with the AX-8 if they drop the price at some point. Dollar-for-dollar it makes more sense to go with the Fractal product though.

Well it also has other features I like such as dual (or quad) signal chains, easily editable, 4 FX loops and just being an overall good master controller. Those clips were also made with the stock cabs and not external IRs. I'm still going to get one and if I don't like it I'll just get a Kemper.

Someone needs to tinker with (or hack) the Helix or AX-8 and work out how to load up your own VSTs (Recabinet 4 amps) - that would be the ultimate footpedal. Or, contact the Chinese factory that makes these and get them to make you some blank pedals.

bump. Just wondering if anyone here besides me has one or has played one yet? I'm liking it so far. Even when using the same IRs I like it better than the Pod HD, TSE X50v2 or Recabinet 4. I don't have a Kemper or Axe FX II to compare it to though.

Just wanted to make a comment about Line 6's customer service. I was having some issues and made a post on TGP. Before I could even contact Line 6 about it Frank, their SR Director of Operations contacted me and they went above and beyond what I ever would have expected from any company. Their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with from any company. Line 6 is are definitely out there listening which gives me great piece of mind with my Helix.

Just wanted to make a comment about Line 6's customer service. I was having some issues and made a post on TGP. Before I could even contact Line 6 about it Frank, their SR Director of Operations contacted me and they went above and beyond what I ever would have expected from any company. Their customer service is the best I've ever dealt with from any company. Line 6 is are definitely out there listening which gives me great piece of mind with my Helix.
Did you pick it up? It seems like a great unit, however, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable placing such an expensive piece of gear on the floor near the front of the stage at a metal gig. Shame the rack unit version (not out yet) is the exact same price and the pedalboard for it doesn't include an expression pedal. Otherwise, I'd probably grab the rack version (with pedalboard) for home studio and live use.

Did you pick it up? It seems like a great unit, however, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable placing such an expensive piece of gear on the floor near the front of the stage at a metal gig. Shame the rack unit version (not out yet) is the exact same price and the pedalboard for it doesn't include an expression pedal. Otherwise, I'd probably grab the rack version (with pedalboard) for home studio and live use.

the price on the rack and controller was lowered by a hundred dollars each. So now it's only 300 more. As for me, I don't play live so it's just staying in my room anyways

Do you use it as your recording interface? If so, having cables running across the floor doesn't bother you?
Also, I'd be interested to hear the reamping capabilities of this, and if there's any gotchas? Thanks.