List instrumental songs

metnever

New Metal Member
Jun 4, 2008
I discovered Opeth through the Damnation album and I don't like the growling vocals on the other albums. Can someone give me a list of all instrumental songs and songs with only clean vocals? (excluding Damnation) I also want to know in separate list the songs that have very little growling (total of around a minute or two in the song).

Sh00r. I list all non-growling songs, and marked the instrumentals as well.

Although, I must say you're missing the best stuff, if you miss the brutal vocals. No Drapery Falls? :(

Morningrise: To Bid You Farewell
My Arms, Your Hearse: Prologue(duh), Credence
Still Life: Benighted, Face of Melinda (IMHO best Opeth song)
Blackwater Park: Harvest, Patterns in the Ivy (Instrumental)
Deliverance: A Fair Judgement
Ghost Reveries: Atonement, Hours of Wealth, Isolation Years
Watershed: Coil, Hex Omega, Burden, Porcelain Heart

You should really give the growling a chance. I didn't like death metal when I heard Opeth for the first time, and my first thought was "another band wastes an incredible talent on screamin". I still don't like death metal, but now I could never imagine Opeth without the growling. So I guess I've learn to love it.

my arms, your hearse:
credence - only clean, but i dont like it that much, maybe need to give it some more listens
epilogue - amazing finisher for the album (instrumental)
still life:
benighted - probably my least favorite opeth song along along with atonement from ghost reveries =\ (only clean vocals)
face of melinda - nice mellow piece (only clean vocals)
blackwater park:
harvest - great mellow song (only clean vocals)
drapery falls - 2nd part of the song includes death vocals but you should try it, might get you into the harsh vocals REALLY amazing song, got many into the band
pattern in the ivy: short instrumental, not too amazing =o
ghost reveries:
atonement- ;\ (only clean vocals)
hours of wealth, isolation years - both are great (only clean)
watershed:
coil, burden, porcelain heart, hex omega

edit: forgot deliverance, lol "a fair judgement" my favorite non death vocals opeth song

^ you forgot pleasure of molestation and Cast Down the Heretic