List of guitar ampsim software

This is great list for people who want to get more software but what I want to be made is a good amp sim of a Mesa Boogie!

There has been several made already, atleast these have boogie modelling:
- dirthead (free, mark IIc+, I think)
- the upcoming lepou model (dual recto?)
- wur green machine (us = boogie, not sure of the model)
- podfarm (dual recto)
- podfarm platinum (dual recto, triple recto, mark IIc+)
- waves gtr3 (modern = dual recto solo)
- revalver (higher = dual recto, flathill = mesa)
- overloud th1 (US = mesa)
- amplitube metal (metal lead = mark IIc+)
- digidesign eleven (treadplate = dual recto, m2 lead = mark IIc+)
- guitar rig (gratifier = dual recto)

The best recto sounds I ever got from sims were from my Johnson J-station... it's a hardware unit and quite old but it fucking rips!

we need 2 build an andy sneap forum amp - there are so many of us here - we know what we want and what we need and require and what makes a good amp for metal - hell we know better then most people out there because we live through the shit day after day

hint: we call it the ross amp because it was my fucking idea :p

haha serious though i think we should try build one - a very flexible, ir loadable, gate including amp with black jack and hookers

Template:
sniip.png

SWEET!!!!!!!! - its missing the "ross amp" logo though - lol

instead of using the regular bass mid treb we could use "s.n.e.a.p" and have it like - shit, noise etc spelling out "sneap" that was done on a few amps before i think - OR NOT... meh

my recommendations:

5 band eq
3 gain stages (clean, rhythm, lead)
pre-amp gain
power amp gain
gate (with sensitivity controls etc and a funky little virtual led that blinks when its active)
insert stage if possible where it can load in a external plugin between the pre amp and the power amp
impulse loader (virtual power amp is switched off when an impulse is loaded)
high pass / low pass settings
bottom end boost
top end boost
lead channel boost (for solo mode) maybe an emulated TS
side chain able (for external midi gating etc)
ahem - midi control for the amp parameters if it sounds good
andy sneap mode (button) where andy himself if he wants sets up a preset etc
AND ADD GOOGLE AD-SENSE TO IT SOME HOW - WE WILL ALL BE FUCKING RICH - MUAHAHAHA

The Ronald Passion Bass Preamp sounds fucking great but for some reason it fucks shit all to hell in Reaper.

Masterbeast -> if you like it the bass preamp, give a comments to me so i may take a look again to it. Dont use this words "fucks shit all to hell in Reaper"...
You dont know build that bass preamp, i loose my laptop (broke/crash)...
Less input make me confuse what should i do to make it better... I just know this web for a week...

so what u think???
just like so heavy cpu thing only????

AHJTEAM -> great post!

Tq, RP!

Yeah, MUTANT correct!

if possible, any of you has good amp... play some riff and record it, dry sound(pure your guitar) and amp sound...
i am trying to notice how to get that sound....and new plugin come out!

Just suggestion!

TQ, RP!

Is it will make different?

Like others said, how u mix this song? Cubase s0nar protools? What Eq, what c0mpressor? Hardware software?
I SAID: I USE CUBASE WITH DEFAULT STANDARD PLUGIN!

Synthmaker is just visual level of C++, just like Visual C++!
Even n0t perfect yet!

Yes, Synthmaker my friend!
Tq, RP!

Bass Preamp v.1.1 is available NOW!!!

add denormal (hopefully no crashing)
Code optimizing
Tone and shaping re-concept
change IR CAB to DI CAB
remove hard and soft mode
add more gain

visit http://www.1ststudio.blogspot.com

any problem, let me know...

I am not trying yet, but for sure no crashing again...

TQ, RP!

It doesn't matter, just wondered how u work ;)

Is it will make different?

Like others said, how u mix this song? Cubase s0nar protools? What Eq, what c0mpressor? Hardware software?
I SAID: I USE CUBASE WITH DEFAULT STANDARD PLUGIN!

Synthmaker is just visual level of C++, just like Visual C++!
Even n0t perfect yet!

Yes, Synthmaker my friend!
Tq, RP!

sometimes generic (that is, not necessarily made for guitar use) virtual preamps seem to work better than some of the free full ampsims (like studio devil, which I can't seem to get a good sound out of no matter what I do), used in conjunction with cab sims and EQs:

TAL's tal tube (MAC): http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-Tube
silverspike's ruby tube (PC): http://www.silverspike.com/?Products:RubyTube

dismember-type test with boss hm-2 and tal tube: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8697532

Ongel, Synthmaker is better than a 4GL in that you can use a subset of Assembly language inside your controls. So, its not really like an interpreted language like Java, it is compiled into a Native Windows DLL. The Assembly module is how we have made our convolver, tubes, filters, etc. Like Ronald says, its not perfect, but for me its the quickest way to develop. Its very visual in nature and if you use SSE properly you can get reasonable CPU Usage. There are limitations however, above and beyond what is expected in a development platform, Things like Registry access, File Parsing, COM Communication, etc, are all missing from Synthmaker, so, sometimes you have to do a little dance around these things, but, once you get a handle on the limitations, you can get some work done.

It has taken me about a year to come to grips with it, but I am a lot more confident now than I was when I first started with it. This is primarily because I come from a software development background of like 20+ years, so, I naturally tried to develop in SM in the conventional sense of development. Which does not work in SM, You have to do things the way SM wants you to do them, not how they are done in a standard development platform.

SM has had a lot of bad press because with it you do have the ability to simply connect things together and call it an effect. It has a ton of stock modules, which people use to do this. However, we don't do that other than stuff like knobs and buttons(why reinvent the wheel). You just simply cannot get an original plug by doing that, and you certainly will not be able to get the type of quality that Ronald gets or Bootsy..who won the KVR Developers challenge this year...Its because of Outsim's smart move to include an Assembly module that allows for these types of quality plugs..

Anyways, I thought I would elaborate for you a little...
KM