Line6 Registered Users - FREE PODFarm for September

[UEAK]Clowd;8531094 said:
How is the jazz chorus emulation on this?

I _LOVE_ that amp in real life - does it come close? I need a good clean amp sim.

Honestly I wouldn't say any of the Line 6 emulations are truly accurate.
It's better to get Line 6 products in mind that they have their own sound that's not the same as the stuff they model because if you buy them in the hope of it feeling and sounding exactly like the real world counterpart, you'll be massively disappointed.

Truer words were never spoken!

And I've gotten the best clean results with the Twin Reverb model actually (I remember finding the JC emulation to sound very flat)

Dangit. I have an X3 and was happy about this offer because I also have an ilok and I can't stand having the X3 as dongle. So I put away my X3 but now I see that the regular pod farm doesn't have all the models and effects that the X3 does. I have to use the X3 as a dongle anyway to get all the models? :mad:

Honestly I wouldn't say any of the Line 6 emulations are truly accurate.
It's better to get Line 6 products in mind that they have their own sound that's not the same as the stuff they model because if you buy them in the hope of it feeling and sounding exactly like the real world counterpart, you'll be massively disappointed.

That is the only way to UNDERSTAND a Pod.

Anyone figured out how to tranfer the pod XT metal-pack license to the free potfarm (ilock) ????

I realy miss my metal pack:)

Some dude in the line6 forum said this isnt possible, please tell me he´s wrong!!!!!!!

Anyone figured out how to tranfer the pod XT metal-pack license to the free potfarm (ilock) ????

I realy miss my metal pack:)

Some dude in the line6 forum said this isnt possible, please tell me he´s wrong!!!!!!!

You cannot transfer them - the model packs use a different technology and cannot be transferred - this has been answered several times on the Line6 support forums. The only way to get the amps from the model packs is to purchase a Platinum plugin.

Apologies if this has been brought up before but... is there a way to use iLok PODfarm in standalone mode and actually use a 3rd party interface to get your guitar in? I can't seem to get it done - it only works when used as a VST.

Apologies if this has been brought up before but... is there a way to use iLok PODfarm in standalone mode and actually use a 3rd party interface to get your guitar in? I can't seem to get it done - it only works when used as a VST.

Hmm, seems to say in the POD Farm manual you need POD Studio, Toneport or Guitarport to use it in standalone.
I own an X3 Live and the standalone feature wont even work for me either (plug in works fine though), it seems the last version of POD Farm is strictly for POD Studio, Toneport or Guitarport:(

Can someone help me please?

Got my iLok last Friday. Got my iLok license for the Line6 podfarm and downloaded PODfarm Version: 1.11.0
So far so good.

But when I open PODfram from I get this response from my Mac:
"No Hardware Found. No compatible Line6 device have been detected. Continue to run POD Farm as if the following device were connected: UX1, UX2, Toneport etc……" BUT I have no option for the iLok.

Fuck, what should I do?

Don't think so, no.

Can someone help me please?

Got my iLok last Friday. Got my iLok license for the Line6 podfarm and downloaded PODfarm Version: 1.11.0
So far so good.

But when I open PODfram from I get this response from my Mac:
"No Hardware Found. No compatible Line6 device have been detected. Continue to run POD Farm as if the following device were connected: UX1, UX2, Toneport etc……" BUT I have no option for the iLok.

Fuck, what should I do?

It should work with the VST plug in once you insert it into your DAW, so don't worry if the standalone POD Farm thing doesn't work.
Fuck, I have an X3 Live and the standalone doesn't work, let alone just having an iLok.

It should work with the VST plug in once you insert it into your DAW, so don't worry if the standalone POD Farm thing doesn't work.
Fuck, I have an X3 Live and the standalone doesn't work, let alone just having an iLok.

Ah now, I understand what "standalone" version means. :loco:

1: is there such thing as an iLock Emulator? haha

2: where can i order an iLock?

EDIT: ignore that - $39.95 is way out of my cheap league until i get a new job

but seriously now - ilock emulator mac?

iLok? NO.

iLock? Perhaps.

Please do not request things like this in the forumzzzzz. Google is your friend here if you're that interested. But, don't expect to find anything.

=D All the best bro..

You want to get a piece of software worth 100 bucks and you don't even want to pay 40 bucks for an iLok, a device that you can use with loads of different plugins you buy?

I mean, come on...

This is like the tenth time you post something warez related, though usually it's followed by a disclaimer that you aren't actually interested and don't pirate shit at all. Come on, dude.

Is the iLok worth getting just to get Podfarm? Can someone post some podfarm clips?

It's okay, but I don't find it mindblowing. I'm using it for bass, for which it seems pretty good. Meaning I do use it and I'm happy Line 6 allowed me to grab it.

I needed an iLok to use other products as well, so I can't say if it's worth it just for the Podfarm. But why not get an iLok for future purchases - as well as get a free plugin on the side?