Listen to the new song Banned From Heaven here

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1

Judging by this song, I don't believe this a bigger and better step away from AYDY. To me it actually seems like something that was left off AYDY. I hope for a album more in the style of the songs off of HCDR, considering all were fairly fast, melodic, and I suppose progressive (at times) songs. I'm just worried Alexi has taken too much of a liking to drop-tuning.

He has indeed. Two songs from Blooddrunk we know, two songs in drop tuning, but my question is: why are you worried? What's wrong with drop? F.e. Lamb Of God use it and they make great music.

I don't wanna say much until the new album is out and we bought and listened to it at all... but when I listened to this other song, I dunno, I didn't like it much.
Maybe it was just a first impression, I can't be sure of what I'll feel in the future... I only hope to like the new album, cuz I love CoB's music.

He has indeed. Two songs from Blooddrunk we know, two songs in drop tuning, but my question is: why are you worried? What's wrong with drop? F.e. Lamb Of God use it and they make great music.

My are we discussing this in two threads now? :lol: I feel that it limits his creativity if he is just doing the standard open-string palm mutes that every other band has been doing since forever.

On to another discussion please...

The song sounds like it's between FTR and AYDY...perfect combination. The solos weren't as amazing but it's still a good song.

Meh. I can't hear the song, as my connection speed is too slow to load MySpace music. Hopefully the album is released before Apr 30th, so I can just buy it at Gigantour.

Meh. I can't hear the song, as my connection speed is too slow to load MySpace music. Hopefully the album is released before Apr 30th, so I can just buy it at Gigantour.

I listened to it at school at a 56kps connection, I'm sure you can listen to it, just pause it and wait about 15 minutes than put play and enjoy :kickass:

I love it. XD

I just listened to it, I've been without the internet in Mexico for ze last 8 days. This was nice to come home to.

I listened to it at school at a 56kps connection, I'm sure you can listen to it, just pause it and wait about 15 minutes than put play and enjoy :kickass:

Therein lies the rub; the best connection I can get on this thing is 24.0 Kbps. :p

Meh, I can always search out an audio rip somewhere. Doesn't bother me much. Either that or wait till the album's out.

Edit: Just heard it.

Sounds really good. I don't really like Janne's keyboard sound, though; the only effect he plays in the song is strings, and even then, you can blatantly tell they sound MIDI-ish.

Other than that, good track though.

I really like this song and I think that vocals are pretty good, too. :) It's not so catchy but it gets in the ear after a couple of listens

the vocals sound fake, like he's trying too hard :erk: I wish he would go back to his old singing style. And there's just too much vocals in it in general. alexi should stfu for a while, he makes it sound a bit boring.

overall: I'm not too satisfied. but then again it always takes me a while to get used to their slow songs.

I Like it, I was happy when i heard it as its alot better than I expected it to be
Also think the solo is good .. will listen to it more soon :kickass:

Status
Not open for further replies.