Listening to Anthrax - which record?

spacebeer said:
that's exactly the difference between this board and most other metal boards.....

not really. most fans say bush albums are more consistent but the stand out songs from the belladonna albums are better than the best songs on the bush albums. but the beladonna albums have more weak tracks

mdmatt4ever said:
but the beladonna albums have more weak tracks

That's a big call. The only weak tracks for me on Joey discs appear on SOE - eg Make Me Laugh, Schism. I struggle to find any on STD, ATL, or POT.

Now S442 and V8, I can name several many more, and maybe even 1 or 2 on WCFYA. SOWN is pretty much near perfect though IMO.

I haven't listened to the 'Thrax for a while now, but next time I do it'll be Fistful Of Metal, just because I haven't played it as often as the others.

mdmatt4ever said:
not really. most fans say bush albums are more consistent but the stand out songs from the belladonna albums are better than the best songs on the bush albums. but the beladonna albums have more weak tracks

Just watch the polls on e.g. the EXODUS board and you'll see that 80-90% prefer the "classic" line up albums....

That isn't something I made up, just the way it is, actually this is the only board I visit that has so much Bush supporters.

spacebeer said:
Just watch the polls on e.g. the EXODUS board and you'll see that 80-90% prefer the "classic" line up albums....

That isn't something I made up, just the way it is, actually this is the only board I visit that has so much Bush supporters.

The love the Joey albums so much that they are willing to show their support for them on the Exodus board? Sweet bunch of weirdos.

SO you think all ANTHRAX fans are present on this board LMAO, there's maybe 25 regular posters on here.....

Count on it that 99% of the ANTHRAX fans has never ever visited this board, there's a fair bit of guys in their 30's who don't even like to hang out on internet boards like this. There's also a lotta people who like ANTHRAX but have a lot of other bands they like like me and don;t have the time to visit the message board of every band they happen to like.

mdmatt4ever said:
The Belladonna-era albums have more weak vocals.

timmyc said:
That's a big call. The only weak tracks for me on Joey discs appear on SOE - eg Make Me Laugh, Schism. I struggle to find any on STD, ATL, or POT.

Now S442 and V8, I can name several many more, and maybe even 1 or 2 on WCFYA. SOWN is pretty much near perfect though IMO.
I can find weak songs on STD and POT just like V8 has some weak tracks

Madhouse is pretty weak and Belly of the Beast is very weak.

I feel everything up until SOWN was pretty cool, afterwards Anthrax went through the roof..........Maybe not sales wise but certainly creativley. (sorry about the spelling i've been on the sauce) :)

DarbysDad said:
I can find weak songs on STD and POT just like V8 has some weak tracks

Madhouse is pretty weak and Belly of the Beast is very weak.

those weren't the tracks i was thinking of when i said weak ones.

Among the living for me :headbang:

.. but if im trying to understand/empithise with the reunion bashers ill put on SOWN :kickass:

reidie said:
:mad: I love make me laugh!

Yeha Reidie it's one of those Anthrax tunes I've read a lot of people say they love or hate. I just happen to think it's a weaker one in the Thrax catalogue. Joey's singing at the start just really grates me the wrong way.