Listening to music whilst bathing/showering...

Lietuvis

Dec 2, 2005
Tempe, AZ and Vilnius, Lithuania
I don't know how many of you have listened to music while taking a shower or a bath, but whenever I do, the tunes always seem much better...

I don't know what it is... but through it I recognized the significance of many other songs that I never really "noticed" before... for example Porcupine Tree's ".3".

Feel free to comment, etc...

Yes, but instead of showers I prefer baths - bringing my earphones (those small, cheap plugs; connected with an extra long extension cord) so that I can listen to music or the radio... webcasts, etc.
And I almost always fall asleep in the hot tub. (Perhaps not so clever!)

Benighted Joe said:
But I even listen to music when I vacuum the floors...

Haven't tried that. I use my mp3-player whilst doing the dishes, though!
To help me forget how booring it is...

wow, fool. no wonder you listen to such substandard stuff...youll never even get to anything better at that rate.

The problem is, listening to substandard stuff gives equal satisfaction to someone who only listens to substandard stuff as to someone who listens to excellent music, but is used to this. Why do you think people still listen to rap? Our senses have biochemical ways of adapting.

^ yes, but not entirely true. Some people are just stupid and like stupid music.

People who have to have a constant noise in the "background" annoy me. be it TV, or music, or a fan, etc..

Nowadays, I'm too busy to listen much. I just play some Gentle Giant or Egg or Opeth to get that damn pop song out of my head.