Listening to thread???

I used to love Louie CK until I discovered Bill Burr.

I still love Louie but Bill is a man after my own heart.

"He's just some scared old man gettin' yelled at in a boat." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I scared all the animals in my house I laughed so loud.

Last edited:
Never thought I would like black metal but shit, if this isn't catchy as hell.

I already commented on this, but I've now had a chance to listen to the album about ten times. Again, I'm not really into typical black metal either, so I don't know how this compares to the more popular bands, but overall this album seems like an entry level black metal album to those that don't particularly care for (or know) the genre. It's ridiculously catchy in parts, and has a great production. Even though I can't fucking understand the majority of what's being said, it doesn't matter. It's done well.

Somehow, the new Anthrax album slipped under my radar as well. Probably because I thought John Bush was a better fit, even if I only cared about one album from that era. Surprisingly, their latest is actually much better than everything after Sound of White Noise, and in some ways as good as their earlier material. Joey never really impressed me, but I think he actually sounds good here.

Also, just like Sound of White Noise sounded suspiciously like Alice in Chains in many spots, this album has a handful of songs that sound a bit like modern Alice in Chains, except without being as boring. The riffing just kills in so many spots, and the leadwork is the best it's been since Spitz.

I discovered the Polish prog band Riverside on this thread. And now, I have bad news.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/riverside-guitarist-piotr-grudzinski-dead-at-40/

Wow, that sucks. Since neither band cares about doing anything metal any longer, maybe they could just ask for an Akerfeldt collaboration.

Last edited:
Flame away. This song is incredible. Of course credit goes to the adult male musicians behind the band, not the girls.

This is different. A prog metal band fronted by a black woman. She's got a hell of a voice.

Kenn Nardi - 'Dancing With The Past'
Today Is The Day - s/t, 'Supernova', 'Willpower'
Anacrusis - 'Hindsight: Suffering Hour Revisited'
Autokrator - The Obedience To Authority

273067.jpg

Haken is the only Dream Theater "influenced" band that I kind of like (which includes Dream Theater), but their latest album seems like it's going to be something else.

Hmm, I guess "Darkest Light" is from a digital only EP that was released in 2014 (didn't know about anything after their last album The Mountain).

Last edited:
Can't claim to be the biggest Devin Townsend fan or anything, as the only SYL album (as a whole) I really enjoyed was City, and while I've enjoyed a lot of various songs from his other various works, there aren't too many albums by him that I would want to listen from start to finish regularly. Well, until now. I can't believe I never heard of this album until a few days ago. I guess it doesn't help that it was released under such an obscure name initially though. It also eerily sounds a hell of a lot like modern Alice in Chains at times; if they didn't write boring music now that is.

Usually, when people ask if I like female fronted metal, I answer that the only such band worth listening is holy moses (which is not exactly true, but not exactly false since I hate clean singing female vocals in metal). The face they have while discovering the band's music is priceless.

Say what you want about modern rock, but I think this is pretty good. I also think this guy would give Myles Kennedy a run for his money too.

Been listening to this album a lot lately, and to me it sounds a hell of a lot like the sound Audioslave was attempting, but never perfected. This sounds like a lot of the really great elements of Soundgarden, RATM and Monster Magnet. Oh, and of course Alter Bridge vocals.

Last edited:
earlier today - Nails - You will never be one of us (came out today, it's awesome)

listened to the past 3 Ulcerate albums which made want to listen to what I'm currently listening to
Neurosis - Through Silver in Blood