Little things in albums that annoy the fuck out of you.

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
Something that annoys me is in the IE song The Coming Curse at the end with all the chanting and shit it just randomly stops. I think it should fade out imo.

What things annoy you?

The little buzzing sound every time a symbal crashes in the second half of Blood Fire Death annoys the shit out of me. I think it may just be the Kraze pressing of the album, though.

Something that annoys me is in the IE song The Coming Curse at the end with all the chanting and shit it just randomly stops. I think it should fade out imo.
Actually, the whole chanting thing irritates me, I don't think there should be any chanting, just a fade out of that ill riff.
600 short instrumental interludes *coughMorbidAngelcough*
Indeed.

I hate it when an album is longer than it should be. Really bothers me.
I hate it when the bass is mixed out of existence *cough*AJFA*cough*
I hate shitty snare sounds
I hate keyboards mixed too high or too low

What things annoy you?

I hate when I am listening to an album and it turns out to be an Iced Earth album.

I merely jest. Seriously, though, interludes / intros can be alright is applied tastefully (Gothic Stone into The Well of Souls, for example), but too many of them are annoying. Also, Sonata Arctica seem to think it's just the cats pajamas to have thirty seconds of silence then some weird recording at the end of the albums final track. There is a word for that, and that word, my friends, is "queer".

Fade outs during amazing riffs or solos piss me the hell off.

Wall of Sleep's Sun Faced Apostles has an amazing solo and yet it fades out instead of continuing on forever and ever!

What things annoy you?
I think the chanting should be 20-25 seconds shorter, myself. Either that or use the outro they did on the Alive in Athens version, with those crazy drum solos and shit. That would be badass.

On-topic, I hate an unlistenable amount of reverb/echo on the drums. Commonly known as "typical-80s-sound-syndrome".

Black Sabbath's Headless Cross is a prime example of this. I mean, there are only a couple of songs that I really enjoyed on the album anyway, but even then, the unrealistic amount of reverb just completely kills it for me. It's just downright painful to listen to.

"Hey, let's make the reverb on the drums, louder than the drums themselves durrr durrr"