Live Opeth

KeithPars

One of many Schizotypies
May 1, 2004
I just watched some segments of the Lamentations DVD and I noticed several things which I found interesting:

1. The songs are played considerably faster than they were on the albums, and a couple of times it seemed like it was literally to the bands limit :D

2. Martin Mendez was improving a lot of the time (which I liked, hehe) with the drumming

3. Mike really has to time his breathing with the vocals in order to have enough air to continue singing

I just found this interesting -- But it doesn't at all take away from the performace, I think...but it does confirm that some of Opeth's songs are f-cking hard to play live!!

I loved it though mmm...good Opeth. :worship:

KeithPars said:
I just watched some segments of the Lamentations DVD and I noticed several things which I found interesting:

1. The songs are played considerably faster than they were on the albums, and a couple of times it seemed like it was literally to the bands limit :D

2. Martin Mendez was improving a lot of the time (which I liked, hehe) with the drumming

3. Mike really has to time his breathing with the vocals in order to have enough air to continue singing

I just found this interesting -- But it doesn't at all take away from the performace, I think...but it does confirm that some of Opeth's songs are f-cking hard to play live!!

You are a dumbass, please do not post again.

KeithPars said:

1.martin mendez is the [size=+4]BASS player[/size].

2.opeth have never played live before

Whoops.

Damn, I had a feeling I would mix them up too. Shit.

But hey, I wouldn't devote my life to pointing that out. :yell:

My intention wasn't really to tell everyone this as much as to get your opinion on it.

yah, i'd have to say that his breathing at the begining of the lepper affinity is different. i kinda don't like it, but it adds to the freshness of opeth live...which is a more stripped down and raw feel, which is cool. even though, if he was to try to sing that like the album, he'd have to do it in one breath.

master's apprentice seems to really speed up. but, even when i am sitting by myself playing that riff, i tend to want to speed up...the song just feels that way cuz its so damn heavy...they are taken over by their own music!!! sweet!

yes, lopez has a tendency to tear it up live. he really is something else. he always seems so confident behind the kit...he truly is a unique drummer.