Axernot up to par for new Opeth album?

So he's up to par because he wouldn't have been asked to join otherwise, therefore he's up to par? Circular reasoning much?

I think it was just as much a lack of options rather than the band being 100% happy with Axe's performance. They needed a drummer NOW, so they could resume their tour. So insted of auditioning new drummers, they just shoe him in. Sure he's a good drummer, but i'm not convinced he right for Opeth. Lopez's use of latin styles and the natural swing to his playing, has really set a standard for opeth's drum tracks. Lopez is also a very emotional drummer. I've never seen Axe exibit any of these traits. He's more of a death metal, just beat the shit out of em, drummer. and that's not what Opeth needs!

Yeah... I know Opeth keeps DNA samples of each of their members.... and ... they just picked Axe off the street because... the tour.... and ...cause cloning takes time.

FFS

So he's up to par because he wouldn't have been asked to join otherwise, therefore he's up to par? Circular reasoning much?

it's not circular you idiot

premise 1. opeth would not hire a drummer that wasn't up to par
premise 2. opeth hired axenrot
conclusion: axenrot is up to par

neither of the premises are the same as the conclusion, therefore no circulus in demonstrando

From what I've heard (Bloodbath), I think he rules. Let's hope he can nail down the softer stuff too :)
He is also from the same town as me... that must be a good sign

He's more of a death metal, just beat the shit out of em, drummer. and that's not what Opeth needs!

... just like Lopez was when he first joined Opeth? I see. So with your logic, Axenrot will need a couple of years to really slip right into his role as drummer for Opeth. And when he does he'll be around the skill level of Lopez. Well good, because that's what I think too.

it's not circular you idiot

premise 1. opeth would not hire a drummer that wasn't up to par
premise 2. opeth hired axenrot
conclusion: axenrot is up to par

neither of the premises are the same as the conclusion, therefore no circulus in demonstrando

Please don't bring up haunting memories of my logic exam :p

can't wait. ghost reveries was a bit too mellow for me, and hearing him tear it up with bloodbath makes me hope mikael will write some more aggressive stuff for him to sink his teeth into. v sad lopez is gone. but i'm sure it will turn out for the best!

Frankly, I think he needs to practice more

He'd better practise if the mighty hibernal_dream think he needs to! Or pherhaps he could listen to the studioengineer and his bandmates? But that's right, obviously they'll allow him to deliver a subpar drumtrack. But then again we'll always have hibernal_dream to tell the truth afterwords and at least all we know we should take his advice in the next round.

I hope he totally fails at mellow stuff, so we'll get a really heavy and br00tal Opeth album!

nah seriously, he is a great drummer, and will do great on the new album. Ofcourse he has a different feel, and that's exciting imo, the next album will be a bit different. I'm looking forward to his fills. and his blonde hair.