Live shows

It really shouldn’t be the responsibility of other punters to stop these dickheads when there are security guards actually being paid to keep things under control. Obviously security can be pretty stupid but it’s really not difficult to distinguish between people moshing and idiots throwing haymakers and roundhouses.

The problem was that this show was ass-backwards; The crowd seemed to accept the hardcore ninjas and deny the push pit my friend and I were attempting to generate. Im not sure if I approve of the idea of kicking people out just because I hate their idea of a good time, but I was at least hoping that people would embrace real moshing over bullshit. NOBODY wanted to mosh. They didnt, it wasnt my scene, and im not inclined to visit the area for another concert because of it. I did my duty as a mosh trooper and that is about all I can do. Ive been to venues that kick out anyone who wants to start a mosh, so id rather there not be security trying to enforce justice on what is supposed to be a good time. The scene should decide on this shit and this is what they judged. Fuck them though, hardcore "dancers" deserve to be tackled with alacrity and hopefully break some limbs. Im sure some of those faggots washing out cuts in the bathroom were there because of me. I wish they had to resort to an ambulance instead (I broke an ankle in a pit so I know how it can get). Ill just go to Philly for now on since we know how to have a good time already.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Sounds shit. They seem to keep it to their own cruddy bands here, if they even put in the effort any more. Probably the most I've seen was when Bury Your Dead and The Faceless got paired on a free* show scraped together at the last minute. But the windmilling was more like a tranquil Dutch meadow than anything violent and the BYD fans knew when to stop!

*for ticket holders to a cancelled gig, that is

Last edited:
I'm going to see Slayer in November for what's supposed to be their final tour. They're touring with Lamb of God, Anthrax and Obituary. I don't care for LoG and Anthrax is even worse but looking forward to hearing CHOPPPPPEEDDDD IN HAAAULLLFEUGHHH live.

Not expecting that much from Slayer, as they're 30 years past their prime, but hoping for lots of cuts from their first 3 albums.

Coming to the Czech Republic to experience the mighty Brutal Assault within 8 days! @Onder are you going?

I am not. I'll be in Berlin from today to 8th and then back to work.

What will be your highlights on BA? What bands will you make sure not to miss?

There's Dead Congregation iirc?

Reactions: EspaDa
I am not. I'll be in Berlin from today to 8th and then back to work.

What will be your highlights on BA? What bands will you make sure not to miss?

There's Dead Congregation iirc?

Yes, Dead Congregation are playing on Friday. It's gonna be fucking great, the second time I get to see them live.

I'm most eagerly looking forward to seeing Converge, Blood Incantation, At the Gates, Malokarpatan, and Misthyrming. It's going to be a great couple of days.

Runemagick make their US debut in November in NYC.

39169632_10214636372856424_4328985283820257280_n.jpg

They mixed the setlist some time ago and now they do like 3 songs from Frost + some fresher and prog material. I still haven't seen them live, but they're definitely present on my bucket list.

Recent shows, all of which were awesome:

Chris Stapleton- I knew he was a great singer, but seeing him live, I grew a deeper appreciation for his guitar skills.
The Smashing Pumpkins- Played fucking 30 songs. Really amazing as this was a band I grew up listening to and know virtually every song of. Finally seeing them live was an amazing experience.
Helloween- Really fun show. The two singers gimmick worked better than I expected and so many of their songs are so fucking epic.

Upcoming:
Judas Priest (Maybe... it's an hour away on a work day... on the other hand it's fucking Priest and how many more chances will I get to see them?)
Obscura
At the Gates & Wolves in the Throne Room

Maybe others...

Went to see Power Trip last night, they destroyed. Awesome pit, great music to mosh to. Night was almost ruined by flailing hardcore fuckheads during the support bands (one of which I really wanted to see). I had a full beer knocked out of my hand and almost punched on. My mate copped a pretty heavy blow to the head and he wasn’t even in the pit. I confronted several of them and they just got aggressive and told me if I didn’t like like it I should stand at the back. Fuck these fucking cunts. I go to gigs to have a good time, not to get aggro.