Live shows

who the hell is sunnata that they play over entombed and incantation?

A Polish sludge-y post-metal band. Not so much into them, but they're not bad either. Playing after midnight definitely contributed to the atmosphere and general feeling of their gig.

Saw Trivium for the first time since 2005ish last night:

Light the Torch - Howard Jones' own version of Killswitch Engage basically but I still liked it

Avatar - Not a band I would ever listen to on CD but they were very entertaining on stage

Trivium - Amazing setlist. 10 songs from the new album and Shogun combined. Dudes are all grown up and Alex Bent is a fucking monster on the kit.

Trivium is one of the best bands of the new millennium. Change my mind.

Saw Trivium for the first time since 2005ish last night:

Light the Torch - Howard Jones' own version of Killswitch Engage basically but I still liked it

Avatar - Not a band I would ever listen to on CD but they were very entertaining on stage

Trivium - Amazing setlist. 10 songs from the new album and Shogun combined. Dudes are all grown up and Alex Bent is a fucking monster on the kit.

Trivium is one of the best bands of the new millennium. Change my mind.

How did the vocals sound? Did they screw In Waves?

Currently at Obituary, Anthrax, Lamb of God and Slayer!

Slayer playing far too much of their shit material like God Hates Us All, Repentless and Payback. They did just play Post Mortem and Black fucking Magic at least. Hoping for some Hell Awaits tracks.

Reactions: Onder
they should just call it quits already. There is no Slayer without Jeff.

I thought the same tbh after Jeff passed, but as Satanstoenail said, they do still put on a worthy live show. I really enjoyed the show!

Final count was:

1 track from SNM, 1 from HA, 3 from RiB, 3 from SoH, 3 from SitA and then some of their newer shit I already mentioned.

I’m no Lamb of God fan, but they put on a better show than Anthrax. The singer even did a Ric Flair “Woooooooooooo!” between songs hahaha.

Skeletal Remains on Friday it was an insane show. (Should have been the headlining band) I was banging my head like a maniac. My neck still hurts haha
Terrorizer wasn't really good it was ok but nothing so special as I thought.

Reactions: zerostatic
49783383_10161295594290022_6793326931447119872_n.jpg

My live highlights of 2018:

- Impetuous Ritual
- Death Angel
- Amenra
- Bell Witch
- Church of Misery
- Venom Inc.

I went nuts and saw 110 live shows last year. 101 of which were in Auckland where it's surprising anyone could find that many they wanted to see. Mostly local bands of a variety of genres. I also saw Wu-Tang Clan. Didn't have many expectations, just thought they were good fun.

Saw Amorphis yesterday. A fucking incredible gig! I dunno why I haven't got into them much earlier. Tomi Joutsen is an otherworldly vocalist and the band as a whole seems to be in perfect harmony on scene. Definitely of the most talented metal bands out there. And to think that I've overlooked them for so fucking long... Thought their more proggy style wouldn't match mine...how foolish I've been!

Saw Voivod last night. Great set, super tight. Chewy is a phenomenal guitarist. As soon as they finished they all came out to hang and have beers with the crowd. No pics unfortunately as my camera on my phone is fucked.

Disappointing merch though, just 2 shirts and $40 each. Was hoping for albums and a Nothingface shirt. I would’ve thought a band like Voivod would be savvy enough to capitalise on metal nerds ready to throw money at them at gigs.

Saw Amorphis yesterday. A fucking incredible gig! I dunno why I haven't got into them much earlier. Tomi Joutsen is an otherworldly vocalist and the band as a whole seems to be in perfect harmony on scene. Definitely of the most talented metal bands out there. And to think that I've overlooked them for so fucking long... Thought their more proggy style wouldn't match mine...how foolish I've been!

They are on my bucket list. One of my favorite former death metal bands.