Live shows

ZZ Top had a short residency at the Venetian. They put on a good show and played all their hits. I was the youngest in the crowd by a couple of decades.

Last night I saw Anthrax and Testament. It was my third or fourth time seeing Testament and it was their best performance. They played three songs off the new album plus classics like Into the Pit and Over the Wall that got the crowd moving. Anthrax was good, but it was nearly the same set list from the last two times I saw them.

Saw Red Fang Sundee night. They rocked. Sound was a bit shit though unfortunately. Forgot to take any photos.

ZZ Top had a short residency at the Venetian. They put on a good show and played all their hits. I was the youngest in the crowd by a couple of decades.
I saw them in Germany last year and they were great. They played every song I wanted to hear from their 70's catalogue in a venue that used to be a castle and girls walked around with huge trays with free Jagermeister shots and old people danced and passed joints around.

nKkYja.jpg

Just got me my in-crowd ticket. Unfortunately I'm taking antibiotics so I won't be drunk as fuck (which I definitely should be, while hearing Necropolis live and shit). On the other hand, I can just drive there like a lazy basterd. Can't wait for tuesday.

Also, I don't have any friends, but oh well.

Reactions: EspaDa
nKkYja.jpg

Just got me my in-crowd ticket. Unfortunately I'm taking antibiotics so I won't be drunk as fuck (which I definitely should be, while hearing Necropolis live and shit). On the other hand, I can just drive there like a lazy basterd. Can't wait for tuesday.

Also, I don't have any friends, but oh well.

I wanted to go to a Polish date but didn't make it. A shame because I wanted to see them live. Perhaps will see them next time. Fingers crossed.

Saw Meshuggah w/ Decapitated yesterday. Although I'm not a fan of the new Decapitated, they were tight as hell. Great live act, they gave 100% after the legal shit in the USA. As far as Meshuggah are concerned, 7 songs into their set and I fell into monotony. The same riffs over and over, just banging my head and shit. It was pretty tiring. Great musicianship of course, but I'm not such a big fanboy to be wanking to every riff of theirs. Also, they did not perform Future Breed Machine or New Millenium Cyanide Christ, which made me quite bitter about the gig. Straws Pulled at Random was pretty awesome tho

Slayer's farewell tour came to Cleveland on Thursday. Support was Lamb of God, Anthrax, Behemoth and Testament, none of which I've ever seen.

All five bands were great, Anthrax and Testament could have been louder but that's not their fault, they sounded good. Lamb of God is legitimately the best band I've ever seen live, even this far into their career they still absolutely bring it. I feel like they even upstaged Slayer. Slayer were phenomenal though.

Saw Field at a local Fest yesterday, they were great. Proper good stoner doom with awesome vocals. They deserve bigger things.
E6B8529D-D0C0-45DB-A0F8-9E05E36E625C.jpeg

Fuck you upstate New York metal scene. I spent the weekend driving up to go see Skinless and a handful of other death/thrash bands, and to me it seemed like a good moshing lineup. Instead the hillbillies who like to hardcore flail and practice bariatric martial arts showed up. I tried to get a pit going during Skinless and not a single person was game for a good mosh. Ive never been to a show where absolutely nobody else wanted to rid the pit of hardcore faggotry. It almost seemed like these rednecks have never even seen a mosh before, and im pretty sure the fist I took to my left eye was a deliberate sucker punch. Maybe it was just hardcore douchebaggery, but god damn did that crowd suck. Ill take my split eyelid and black eye as a souvenir and reminder to never visit that shitty scene ever again.

anybody remember swizzlenuts? dude man just doxxed a diy venue on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/8pwcw8/gate_keeping_is_an_issues_in_metal_tomb_mold/
I remember him. I never thought he was that much of a douche, but there you go.

Fuck you upstate New York metal scene. I spent the weekend driving up to go see Skinless and a handful of other death/thrash bands, and to me it seemed like a good moshing lineup. Instead the hillbillies who like to hardcore flail and practice bariatric martial arts showed up. I tried to get a pit going during Skinless and not a single person was game for a good mosh. Ive never been to a show where absolutely nobody else wanted to rid the pit of hardcore faggotry. It almost seemed like these rednecks have never even seen a mosh before, and im pretty sure the fist I took to my left eye was a deliberate sucker punch. Maybe it was just hardcore douchebaggery, but god damn did that crowd suck. Ill take my split eyelid and black eye as a souvenir and reminder to never visit that shitty scene ever again.
That’s fucked. Hardcore flailing needs to be stopped. There should be some sort of forum about it where venues universally implement a rule that any flailing fucktards are ejected immediately.

That’s fucked. Hardcore flailing needs to be stopped. There should be some sort of forum about it where venues universally implement a rule that any flailing fucktards are ejected immediately.

Usually it just takes a couple of guys to dispatch them by starting a real pit, but both me and my friend were not successful. We just got weird looks and he also took a shot to the face, but I had to leave the pit immediately because my eyelid got slashed and started bleeding profusely. I never took such a hard shot to the eye. I felt like a boxer who was forced to forfeit the match; im still kind of mad over it. Those fucking hardcore fags deserve to be slaughtered for ruining such a good show. I usually go to Philly for shows, and those fuckers would have been beat to submission within seconds if they were to pull that shit there. Even the bands seemed to be a bit weary of the shitty crowd, but they played on anyways of course.

Reactions: Satanstoenail
Usually it just takes a couple of guys to dispatch them by starting a real pit, but both me and my friend were not successful. We just got weird looks and he also took a shot to the face, but I had to leave the pit immediately because my eyelid got slashed and started bleeding profusely. I never took such a hard shot to the eye. I felt like a boxer who was forced to forfeit the match; im still kind of mad over it. Those fucking hardcore fags deserve to be slaughtered for ruining such a good show. I usually go to Philly for shows, and those fuckers would have been beat to submission within seconds if they were to pull that shit there. Even the bands seemed to be a bit weary of the shitty crowd, but they played on anyways of course.
It really shouldn’t be the responsibility of other punters to stop these dickheads when there are security guards actually being paid to keep things under control. Obviously security can be pretty stupid but it’s really not difficult to distinguish between people moshing and idiots throwing haymakers and roundhouses.