Live shows

I've seen plenty of NZ bands but the last international band I saw tour here was still Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats in March 2020. Finally bought a ticket to something though. Vader/Thy Disease playing venues with capacities of about 200 people here, that'll be madness. Might possibly see Nebula before that.

who.jpg

Then there's this:

skeletal.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EternalMetal
281631049_557337425959618_602071487511543349_n.jpg

Anyone going? Haven't been to a show in while but I might check this one out.

Saw Exciter and Coroner a few nights back. A small club in Cambridge with a crowd size of around 200-350. Exciter played for about an hour and songs like Violence & Force, Stand up and Fight, and Iron Dogs got the crowd moving in the moshpit with plenty of crowd surfing and some stage divers.

Quick turnover and Coroner played for about an hour. Sound was amazing and it was such a treat to see them perform. I never thought I would see Coroner live and they played a great show including the songs Semtex Revolution, Masked Jackal, Serpent Moves, Divine Step, and others I can't remember. Reborn Through Hate was the encore! :kickass: It was a great show and my first live metal show since seeing Slayer in the fall of 2019.

Not my live video but a little taste of what you missed:

Just got back from MDF (well yesterday, but ive been sleeping ever since), and it absolutely crushed! Highlights from day one for me were moshing to Primitive Man, moshing to Skeletal Remains, skipped Mortician cause ive seen them like 5 times already, and moshing to and getting on stage to headband with the band for Pyrexia.

Day 2, moshing to Massacre, watching Atheist, Monstrosity, and Suffocation, and moshing to the entire set of Demolition Hammer (major highlight of the fest for me). Missed most of Obituary because they moved to the Power Plant lot because of thunderstorms, but Carcass was a crowded shitshow. Moshed to Vio-lence of course and it kicked ass.

Day 3, actually got down early enough to catch Drawn and Quartered at 1PM, and the rest of the lineup was consistently great, with Enforced, Cerebral Rot, Imprecation, Onslaught, Cancer, and finally moshed to Coroner. Cancer and maybe Coroner were the best Edison lot bands of the day. Autopsy and the Beneath the Remains set were both good too. Tryptikon was ok, but we bailed early to mosh to Suffering Hour. I kinda died at this point and just chilled drinking beers until going to mosh for Necrophobic, which was sick.

Got a slow start for day 4, but was able to make it for Nunslaughter. Blood Incantation kind of underwhelmed me, but ive seen them before and they were great, so im just chalking it up to not being good middle of the day parking lot music. Demilich were fucking killer, and I moshed for Destruction's entire set, which was damn near the highlight of the fest for me. Immolation, Hellhammer and Hypocrisy all kicked ass, and I got to mosh to a few songs from Deicide before heading down for Exhorder, which was kinda shit. Finished up the night to mosh to Birdflesh and Cephalic Carnage, skipped out on Sacramentum's Far Away From the Sun set though.

Just woke up after sleeping for 16 hours and still feel like I got hit by a truck. I really hope someone starts up another fest in the Baltimore or preferably the Philly area like MDF was.

Last edited:
Are you that much of a Destruction fan or was their live set that good? The lineup change seems to have reinvigorated the band, their new album, Diabolical, is killer!:kickass:

I admit to being quite into them before the fest (though im more of a death metal guy), but ive seen hundreds of bands before and these guys definitely killed it. Better than Overkill, who are better live than Exodus now.

Reactions: zerostatic
I'm looking for a new Wilbur soot t-shirt for my friends who are performing on a live concert next week. And can someone tell me if this brand is decent or not?

Last edited:
4fHaFBB.jpg

Just got back from seeing Soreption, Atheist, and Suffocation at Dingbatz in Clifton NJ. Soreption was pretty solid, but I came for Suffo. Atheist kicked ass, but Suffocation stole the show. I had already seen Atheist recently at MDF, and Suffocation a few times not too long ago, so I knew what to expect, and they did not disappoint. Top tier death metal show. Tweaked my knee a little in the pit, but im getting around on it ok next day so I don't think I injured anything.

I attended the Left to Die show last night. They completely ruled. For those that don't know, it's Rick Rozz and Terry Butler with Matt Harvey and Gus Rios from Gruesome. They played all of the songs from Leprosy and about five from Scream Bloody Gore (Zombie Ritual, Denial of Life, Mutilation, Baptized in Blood, and Evil Dead). They sounded phenomenal and the crowd went NUTS. This is as close as we can get to seeing old-school Death live which is especially cool for us guys that were too young back in the day. I got to go backstage and meet Rick and Terry. I brought a fat stack of booklets and got those signed. Skeletal Remains and Mortuous provided good support.

Left to Die1.jpg

Left to Die2.jpg

Items signed at the Left to Die show.jpg

I'm attending Brutal Assault (starting this Tuesday, 09.08 and it runs until Saturday). Below you can see the running order. I'm fucking stoked. Finally a festival after 3 long years.
article-328-1659377113.jpeg

I caught psych band Earth Tongue again last night. After they dropped the heavy vid below a week ago I finally properly clicked onto enjoying their studio stuff, so will make use of the next Bandcamp Friday.

The pandemic and shit has distorted everything to a weird time scale. Jan 2019 when I first saw them feels like aeons ago. The 15-ish months since I last saw them has rushed by, although I had a bit of brainfade on how excited I'd felt in advance of their last few shows.

Finally got to see Metallica. Boys are getting old but lucky to see a classic band with 3/4 original members. After seeing Pentagram with old ass Bobby and young ass kids playing everything else, can't do that anymore :lol:

It finally happened... saw an international band for the first time in over 900 days. Sasquatch in Auckland last night. I don't think their tour got much past the rumour stage before the pandemic hit, as they were able to use the dates originally intended for Nebula. So maybe California stoner rock/metal 3-pieces are a bit interchangeable but they were great fun. :D

IMG_5383 - Sasquatch.jpg

IMG_5400 - crop.jpg

Check this one off the Metal dream bucket list. I got to meet Wino last night and hang out with him for awhile. He was awesome to talk to, very humble, and gladly took the time to sign my crapload of stuff with personal touches. This was the only show on The Obsessed tour where he played a Wino acoustic set followed by a full Obsessed set and they both ruled. The acoustic set was soulful and had an Americana feel. The Obsessed set was HEAVY AS BALLS. Doom Metal is meant to be heard live. STREETSIDE. And Wino can still shred.

Red Mesa (Stoner/Doom) supported and sounded pretty decent. I picked up a CD for $5 to investigate.

The Obsessed1.jpg The Obsessed2.jpg Items signed at The Obsessed show.jpg

Reactions: CiG and Bloopy