Live shows

In particular, hearing Nile have to play without samples and orchestration due to technical difficulties called attention to how much of the distinction between songs is carried in that orchestration, rather than in the underlying death metal. For whatever reason, I cannot unhear that when I listen to Nile.

Looks like you confused Nile with Septicflesh. Check the tags on your mp3 files.

Reactions: CiG
So this is another Omni alt I take it? What's up with the nazi stuff, was that dude a nazi or some shit?

Shaping up to be an excellent year so far.

Coming up in the spring:

Possessed/Pestilence

Overkill/Exhorder

Fall:
Monstrosity/Nuclear Assault/Massacre/Repulsion + TBA

Steve Grimmits Grim Reaper

In the past month I've seen Okilly Dokilly/Dr. Colossus, Witchskull/Potion, and Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats. Got a slight bleeding nose at Uncle Acid as a large fellow was knocked off his feet and into my face.

Sacred Reich/Vio-lence got postponed but I kept the ticket. I can amuse myself with some Australian bands visiting here soon in the meantime, including revisits by Lucifungus and Pod People.

Perhaps it gives you some hope to know that metal shows are happening somewhere in the world. I saw Tuscoma last night. First gig I attended back in Wellington after having seen 6 in Auckland, though those were mostly non-metal artists.

who.jpg

Some arseholes are having a real whine and saying we can't sustain having our borders closed in the long term. But I'm sure we'll gradually open up to other territories that have squished COVID-19 and international bands will start to appear again.