Live Videos Thread

I thought they had never performed this live but I came across this gem today. I'm so pleased that someone was there to record it during what might have been the only tour they played this song. And it sounds so well in live... Alexi's singing is great and the playing is top-notch.

Rock Fest setlist (updated):

35f773155b.jpg

If You Want Peace... Prepare for War - Rock Fest, Barcelona

Last edited:
Reactions: <Arcane>
Why did they stop playing Needled 24/7? I know they might be tired of playing it since 2003, but that song works really great live, crowd goes crazy

I think Needled and Hate Me sound like shit live, but it depends how you merit ”works”, it might just be the crowd recognizes them. Downfall too. It’s little details they do that lessens the impact. It might even be spiritual, you can sense the band treats them as some kind of party songs. Like the cowbell in Downfall or the pitch bend wheel for the Hate Me instead of orchestral hit, it’s like giving pink lipstick to someone trying to look rock, there’s a line to all things.

I think Needled and Hate Me sound like shit live, but it depends how you merit ”works”, it might just be the crowd recognizes them. Downfall too. It’s little details they do that lessens the impact. It might even be spiritual, you can sense the band treats them as some kind of party songs. Like the cowbell in Downfall or the pitch bend wheel for the Hate Me instead of orchestral hit, it’s like giving pink lipstick to someone trying to look rock, there’s a line to all things.
In Villena 2018 I was on the 2nd row and when I looked back during needle there was a HUGE moshpit behind me, crowd went crazy during the song and for me it was the highlight. Hate me was also a highlight on that show. They still have time for deep/no so usual songs (Towards dead end on the previous tour/If you want peace) On the Stocholm 2006 dvd you can see that needle also drives the crowd crazy. I don't know, it's like if you go to a Guns N Roses show and they don't play Sweet Child o mine. If something works on a show, don't touch it. For me, the song that works weaker live nowadays is Are you dead yet?.

came back to see if joonas was still a no-lifer here

was not disappointed

Well they're starting to do a better job with Angels Don't Kill, Alexi still can't do the climactic high kick though. The This Road solo is something that Alexi can handle well, for the most part. What's with that goofy new logo though? Looks like something his wife came up with.

Well they're starting to do a better job with Angels Don't Kill, Alexi still can't do the climactic high kick though. The This Road solo is something that Alexi can handle well, for the most part. What's with that goofy new logo though? Looks like something his wife came up with.

Helsinki, 2018 (03:10):

That logo is awful..

^^
Angels Don't Kill is my litmus test to see how a show is going. Unholy Alliance and Bloodstock are probably my favorite performances. The playing on Bloodstock is wonderful (the little things--pinch harmonics, slides, dive bombs) while the recording, the stereo separation on Unholy Alliance is to die for. It's a song where the guys can go off-script a bit and make it more interesting. And Roope did take advantage of it. Daniel plays it entirely by the book.