Live Videos Thread

For the singer memorizing the lyrics of the resurrected songs would make it easier to watch these live videos, at least keeping to the original groove of the lyric lines with verbally unclear screaming. Alexi must regret so much doing the type of fast lyric lines with the newer style. There’s less sincere passion, song order could be thought thru with more emphasis on how the atmosphere shifts linearly. Resurrecting old classics lately comes off a little bittersweet attempt to revisit old magic. Crowd looks increasingly sober (culture change), disengaged or just coming of age, but (based on that video) it seems oddly chill, which might make it uncomfortable for Alexi to go wild, it goes both ways. The bassist needs to lift his bass a bit, the keyboardist needs to tilt his stand. Nice effort still from the musicians to grasp such a difficult set of songs and carry it thru. I don't care that much cos I listen to different music these days, of course I still dig some of Bodom's stuff, but I haven't seen them live for a while (over seven years) because I felt the setlist needed to be designed different in a way that it's both exciting and sensible, like a good plot it needs to be surprising yet sense-making.

Last edited:
KaaosTV:
" Alexi Laiho´s (Children Of Bodom) new band Bodom After Midnight performing "Hate Me!" at the band´s third ever show at Tavastia club in Helsinki, Finland on October 25th, 2020. "
" Hate Me! "

Alexi looks so f-ing tired (at least during Warheart) still smooth performance (he wasn't sloppy on the solo too:)) and the whole thing looks kinda weird/unusual. Still need to get used to it.

This was uploaded on YT yesterday, hadn't seen this before. Also who else had never seen Alexi play with a black w/white pinstripe sawtooth guitar with GOLD hardware instead of chrome?

I've actually been to Graspop festival in June 2004 about a month before that video.
Can't remember the guitar, but that video just blew that memories up my face.
I was 16, had just bought my first guitar and drown myself into Bodom for good.
Fuck I can't believe he's gone...
Cheers everyone

Reactions: rj rl and COB-666

This was uploaded on YT yesterday, hadn't seen this before. Also who else had never seen Alexi play with a black w/white pinstripe sawtooth guitar with GOLD hardware instead of chrome?

WTF it's Hungary, my home. I'm happy now for you shared this! Thank you very much!
(Bodom played here in 2013 at last time? maybe? I don't know.)

Reactions: -AnzzA-
It's weird seeing him perform without a guitar. Actually very solid covers imo :kickass: Chuck would approve.

Btw, does anyone have the old Young Guitar instructional video (the one with Passage to the Reaper) in actual decent quality? Mine's a measly 1000kbps, can't find this dvd anywhere