Live Videos Thread

13:10 - here you can see the unison of The Nail. These we need more. This isn't even insanely technical, it's just catchy and memorable. I'd like to see atmospheric unison sections on the next album, possibly even playing stuff from lower octaves, ascending and descending more radically. Nothing better than an epic solo with an atmospheric keyboard and a beastly riff on the background, and behind that a catchy beat. Then you could try going straight into a blastbeat and fast riff or something else that's different from the norm, to try to make the songs weird and less predictable, in a way that they grow on you after a few listens, instead of immediate hits (nothing wrong about them either), boldness to take the song through an experimental but genious formula.

Last edited:
Why are they playing all these something wild songs?

I have to admit they sound great and refreshing. With their live performances lately they don't really produce that "joonas atmosphere" but these songs definitely do it.

I'm actually happy with how they sound live and how they manage to pull them off. Then again its like a glance to a distant past. What they need to do is carry on this flow and make a new album that sounds very atmospheric and dark.

Why are they playing all these something wild songs?

I have to admit they sound great and refreshing. With their live performances lately they don't really produce that "joonas atmosphere" but these songs definitely do it.
They are on a Something Wild 20 Years Anniversary tour at the moment, that's why they're playing all the good stuff.

Here's a fun video of Alexi's guitar crapping out in the middle of a dive bomb and it takes way too long for the guitar tech to give him another.

I probably won't be able to find it, but there's another video from that tour where Alexi has to change guitars twice during one song because of guitar problems, and he was pretty pissed about it.

I think best recording available of In the Shadows, 3:00 ->

The small part at 4:45 4:51 is so cool.

Other songs with same recording

You know when there's usually been some odd release between albums, this time they did this instead.

I think the songs out of these ones that should stay for a while are Children of Decadence and The Nail, replacing something else from those albums. Of course COD is pretty much a cult song that packs a burst of nostalgic power, and The Nail has an awesomely atmospheric verse and eargasmic unison solo section.

Although I think In the Shadows is eerily interesting as well, and the band seems to enjoy playing Black Widow. But when entering arenas where everyone isn't a diehard fan already, it will grasp attention better to play The Nail and Children Of Decadence.

Last edited:
At 0:20 you can see a glimpse of Henkka with the short hair. The camera guy is following Alexi 24/7, lol. I didn't even know they had shows in Finland now, thought they were making the new album.

No, it suits him pretty good, just an emotional reaction since I'm afraid some 90's metal bands don't do it with the heart anymore, that it's become just a job. But honestly the long hair only fits Alexi for some reason, and the only thing that matters is the music, and hair doesn't make it better, so I don't care if they cut it. It would be interesting and shocking to see Alexi was short hair or bald, can't imagine it.