LIVE VIDEOS!!

Newcastle Fan

New Metal Member
Apr 24, 2008
From Spinefest, all over Youtube

I think i need to change my pants..

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, i have this entired streaming vid on my comp. It's about 7 or 8 songs from Spinefeast. Not the greatest kalmah show, i can say that, but I think the reason the songs they played from the black waltz were a bit sketchy were because they had just recently released the album, and hadn't played them much. you can see in songs like Swamphell from the spinfeast vids that they were alot more comfortable with the song

yea, i have this entired streaming vid on my comp. It's about 7 or 8 songs from Spinefeast. Not the greatest kalmah show, i can say that, but I think the reason the songs they played from the black waltz were a bit sketchy were because they had just recently released the album, and hadn't played them much. you can see in songs like Swamphell from the spinfeast vids that they were alot more comfortable with the song

I was waiting for ages to see a video of To the gallows live

But this..i'd rather not play it than play it like that.

I was waiting for ages to see a video of To the gallows live

But this..i'd rather not play it than play it like that.

yea, but it's all a matter of Kalmah's schedule. They dont' play very many live shows, which makes them a bit sloppy, because as they've stated many times, this band isnt' their life. They all have full time jobs, and steady lives at home. I commend them for being able to do that, but it just proves that a band can never be a BIG band without live shows, no matter how good they really are.

Alot of people ask why Bodom is so much more popular than Kalmah, and it's simply that. Kalmah could take over the underground metal scene if they wanted too, in my opinion, but this is just something they do for fun it seems, aslong as they enjoy what they're doing, i'm fine with that, as long as more albums come.:headbang:

Kalmah proves being a studio band isnt' necessarily a bad thing.

But not being able to play your own stuff live kinda takes away alot of Credibitly, don't get me wrong Kalmah is and will always be my one of my favorate bands, but its like saying a certin sports player is amazing in training but fails to preform whenever the real test comes up which is pretty much not what you want, Hope new live videos from Canada appear and prove me wrong though.

Edit: Having said that, their peformence of Swamphell is pretty impressive, same goes for Defeat, so maybe its just To the gallows they fucked up :D

this is just not a good performance, i saw them twice when they were in Canada, and both shows were amazing, and they were very accurate.

is it rude to come on a band's forum and say they can't play their own material live?

i think they do a good job in this vid....the video itself is fucked up, more so than the actual performance (by a lot)

is it rude to come on a band's forum and say they can't play their own material live?

i think they do a good job in this vid....the video itself is fucked up, less so than the actual performance (by a lot)

So you call this a good peformence?

I love Kalmah man..but it'll also be stupid to say they don't make mistakes, they didn't really show us their best in that particlar peformence, dosn't mean the whole band is bad..it just means they could've done it alot better.

i think they do a good job in this vid....the video itself is fucked up, less so than the actual performance (by a lot)
Exactly. The video keeps skipping and fucks up the sound with it. The video is so bad that you can't accurately make any judgement about the performance.