The ESP's

DIEDOTEXE

Jun 5, 2006
Sometimes I wonder, Do alexi and Roope actually like theyre ESP's, or just use them because they need something to play on tour. I read alexi asked jackson ( who fender bought out, bastards) to build him a guitar, but it would take to long to build in time for the next tour. I mean, I would never use ESP. They were real good when they were made in Japan, But not anymore (though the customs are made in Japan.). I know alexi and especially Roope played nothing but Jacksons and loved them to death and wouldent play anything else. I know the whole story on the Spinefest tour 2002, but still. I wonder how long alexis contract with ESP is, and if he will switch to jackson. Anybody know?

They have grown a bond between ESP. Jackson guitars are horrible. They think ESP's are awsome. Case Closed.
(I for one think they are both horrible) But hey, If I were getting free guitars and awsome deals, I wouldn't really complain. And Laiho is getting a lot of money for just releasing his US model and ESP are making Bodom bigger, so I really don't see them going back to Jackson.

Yeah, I played an brand new 2006 RR3 A couple times. Awful. I hate fender. I guess ESP's arent bad for the price. Mabey for a first guitar, get one. They are good for the price. But to be a professional guitarist and use what nu metal guys use, Screw that. I personally play a 2005 Gibson Explorer with An EMG 81 and 60 and It is way better than that jackson. But if he loves the guitar and is getting paid to make bodom bigger, Why not?

DIEDOTEXE said:
Mabey for a first guitar, get one. They are good for the price. But to be a professional guitarist and use what nu metal guys use, Screw that.

Sadly, that's not one of the most arrogant things said on this board...:rolleyes:

How was that arrogant? I wasnt saying they suck,because they really arent bad guitars. I just said that there are better guitars out there for players like alexi.

DIEDOTEXE said:
How was that arrogant? I wasnt saying they suck,because they really arent bad guitars. I just said that there are better guitars out there for players like alexi.

Who cares about the name on the headstock? I'm sure you're more worried about it than he is.

Yes I have played both esp's and ltd's, or else I wouldent know what Im talking about. Yes, as ive said before. They arent bad. But ive played better guitars. Although I would like to play the alexi ESP. I just cant find it at any shops. I know the specs are awesome. Has anyone here played one?

Alexi can have whatever he wants from ESP, why would he switch back to Jackson?
Also most metallers go for ESP nowadays, even Jesper from In Flames uses an LTD EX-400 BD.

DIEDOTEXE said:
True. If it plays perfect for you and sounds good thats what matters...

That's what my stance is now.

I like/dislike both my guitars for different reasons (LTD EC-50 and Ibanez RG220B)...And I found the perfect comination of those things in a Washburn guitar...A brand I actually had no interest in to begin with...but just tested it out and it felt great to play...I'm putting a down payment on it in a week or so.

"even Jesper from In Flames uses an LTD EX-400 BD."

Jesper Stromblad dosent even look comfortable or as cool with that guitar. I wonder why he didnt just stick to his lawsuit James Hetfield ESP's. Well yeah if he likes the guitar, whatever. Bjorn switched too.

I think Fender just ruined Jackson but ESP sounds really good. I really like ESP's sound and think no other can even race with it. Don't know about Alexi's relation with his guitar but he seems quite satisfied with it so he made his own signature ones.

^ yes to fender ruined jackson, no to esp (oh well maybe the customs...)