LOAD N RELOAD

^^to say the least.

If you liked them though, you got a third Unforgiven coming you're way.

good - not great - heavy, bluesy hard rock. I never listen to them, though. One way or the other, there's much, much better stuff out there. They're neither good enough nor influential enough to merit debate.

I've never even listened to either album. I don't even remember what Fuel sounds like. I checked out The Unforgiven II on the internet after I heard they were making an Unforgiven 3.

Unforgiven II is pretty sweet but I don't really have any desire to hear Metallica as a rock band. It's not because I'm so dedicated to them as a thrash band or anything... I just don't think they could pull off that sound hard rock sound to my liking. Hetfeild's voice is so powerful and distinct, I think it was born for fast, heavy music. I might check out Load and Reload someday but I think I'd go for Garage Inc first.

LOL I actually decided to check out some tracks on playlist.com and it is pretty cool. I might have to get Load. I dunno, I don't think the style suits them, but at the same time it's very well-done.

edit: Fuck it, I'm gonna go buy Load today. I should have more Metallica albums anyway. I was thinking maybe S&M too... opinions?

appetite for destruction sucks ass
:lol: good one.
but seriously...
actually, I think it's merely a great album. All the songs are great, but after many listens wear thin. Very good, but not as jaw-dropping as many people claim.

Hetfeild's voice is so powerful and distinct
:lol:
sorry

LOL I actually decided to check out some tracks on playlist.com and it is pretty cool. I might have to get Load. I dunno, I don't think the style suits them, but at the same time it's very well-done.

edit: Fuck it, I'm gonna go buy Load today. I should have more Metallica albums anyway. I was thinking maybe S&M too... opinions?
S&M is a waste of money. Hetfield butchers the old stuff, the rhythm guitar is mixed too low (on Call of Khtulu all you can hear is the weird guitar noises that are supposed to be in the background), and none of it comes close to working with the orchestra (except Nothing Else Matters, since Michael Kamen actually originally did the arrangements for that anyways), and overall it sucks. They play one or 2 songs that are pretty meh and have never been released. If you really want it and you have cash to spare, w/e, but if you're not loaded, waste of money. I would recommend getting either Reload or Garage Inc instead if you want more Metallica.

I actually really liked S&M. I thought the orchestra sounded awesome.

And, something else I've avoided mentioning but now feel the need to: I love Hetfield's voice. I've always loved it. It's a fucking rock n' roll voice, and one of the most recognizable in music (not that that is what makes it good). Anyway, I think he's got a badass set of pipes.

My aversion to his voice is mostly hearing him sing old stuff. His vocals on every album are great, tbh, but he can't sing their old stuff anymore.