Lockerbie bomber allowed to die at home

Like the Americans in the interview said, it isn't going to come to anything. Hell, if not for this thread I probably wouldn't even have known about the guy's release in the first place. This must only be a 'hot topic' on those stupid pundit shows that consist of nothing more than people yelling at each other for half an hour... needless to say, I don't watch 'em.

Oh I mean, I think we're at a stage now where everything is newsworthy, and of course that is indeed bullshit. Modern news services are bereft of ideas, other than scare mongering, partisan reporting and all-angles, 24/7 coverage of nonsense.

That said, this man was tried and convicted for bombing a plane, an act which cost over 200 lives. Throw in the fact that Libya was growing ever closer to the stage of "accepted" world politics before their reaction to this affair, and it's a rather important event.

That said, this particular story is a nothing story. I linked it because I couldn't quite believe it's important myself.

So are they gonna replace Scotch whiskey with Freedom Whiskey?

EDIT: While I may not agree with their politicians' actions, even vehemently, this is just absurd. It also begs the question of why Libya decided to flaunt this in the face of the world, knowing full well the repercussions. They could have exiled him in a place with little furor and fanfare but they decided to show their ass.

I'm actually much more appalled at Libya than Scotland, personally...especially since they've been trying to make nice with the world and even Italy.

Honestly, that's the first time I've chuckled reading anything regarding this case. Some of those comments, though..

Yes, am in suport of d boycott, this megrahi's issue is an international affair, scotts can't just release him becos of one stupid excuse, america should stop all deal with scotish, dis guy may strike again, only God kwon's.

Wow.

I have already been boycotting the Scottish Football team for years as they are rotten. I will continue this boycott and no amount of terrorist releases will make me change my mind.

:lol::lol:

But aye the Libyan response was pretty tasteless and inept.

Why do these idiots still believe that the world gives a shit what a few retarded Americans think?

By their logic, all the countries of foreign businessmen who died in the twin towers should boycott US products because we can't catch Osama bin Laden. It's ludicrous.

I hear ONE MOTHERFUCKER CALL IT FREEDOM LIQUOR, AND I'M GOING TO MAG-LITE HIS FUCKING SKULL IN.

Every mention of Libyans makes me think of Back to the Future.

WATCH OUT MARTY, IT'S THE LIBYANS with their rape van and rocket launchers in the mall parking lot.