Logic Express vs Studio

Trep

Mar 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Soon I will be expanding to Rehersal, Gig and Location Recording. I already have my Macbook and Echo Audiofire 12, and soon 12 Channel Console. I will Pretty Much Tracking then Dumping the audio Files into my protools Setup.

Will Logic Express Be Ok for this. What has been Cut down from Studio?

I will be doing very Minimal Mixing .... If any on it.

For recording tracks is Logic EXPRESS quality the same as STUDIO

Missing:
(missing extra programms:)
- Mainstage
- Soundtrack Pro 2
- all Jam Packs
- Wave Burner
- Apple Loops Utility
- Compressor 3
- Quick Time Pro
- Impulse Response Utility

In Logic itself missing: (Plug-Ins and features)
Delay Designer
Space Designer
Surround
Vintage instruments (EVB3 Organ, EVP88 E-Piano, EVD6 clavinet)
Sculpture
No Logic Nodes Support (no swapping of plug-ins to other macs)
no TDM support
no printed manual

yeah, what i miss is the multiband compressor. But whatever, Logic Express is HUGE and really nice to work with. I will upgrade sooner or later, but for nearly all purposes "express" is enough.
You can compare the effects here:
http://www.apple.com/de/logicexpress/specs/
http://www.apple.com/de/logicstudio/effects/specs.html

And nearly all other specs, too, for logic studio you gotta click on the single modules (fx, instruments, mainstage) etc because it's so much.
(and you should change the language :lol: )

Ok so After Looking at Logic Express And realising its got a shitload of over kill, for the Price, Perhaps someone can Run me through Reaper for the Protools User ;)

Anyone Using Protools, Logic, and Reaper or had experience with all 3

I've used PT extensively, it really is the most intuitive program for editing audio bar none IMO, but that said, I can work just fine in Reaper!

VST support! :) I had always ran (pirated) Cubase as my main DAW and just used PT for all my work on projects for my Audio Production classes, simply because all the best free/cheap plugs are VST (and practically none are RTAS). That said, I actually think I'm better in PT than Cubase cuz I read a bunch of books (both on my own and for classes) on it, whereas I just taught myself Cubase, but yeah, this past summer when I wanted to go legit, the $50 price of Reaper made it impossible to pass up, and I've learned to love it! Its stability on Macs is said to be questionable, though...

I just Downloaded Then. I dont really Like it esp its fiddly Routing But i Think it will be a hell load cheaper than Logic Esp since i will be dumping audio Into PT anyway.

I'll Keep Using it for a while and see before i Buy

Marcus, why didnt you just Get the fxpansion VST wrapper for Pro Tools?

Yeah, there is the option of the wrapper (I didn't know about it at the time), but still, it wouldn't change my mind cuz of the crappy digidesign interfaces your tethered to (and while there is the Profire 2626 + M-Powered, at this point if I were to get a Profire I'd just continue to use it with Reaper)