:lol: is it me or (opeth related)

Thorns of Sorrow

My pic is squished
Apr 18, 2002
New York City
Visit site
:lol: is it me or is Mikael rapping in serenity painted death, Im listening to this song for the 1st time in a while hehe, (I ususally skip it) and it sound slike he is rapping lol with a grooved out riff and drum line behind him heheh...

EDIT: I posted this in the Off topic BB by mistake, deleted it and re posted here. Sorry for the inconvinience.

lol,i just got back from a friend's house and i got him obsessed with opeth and he already has all the albums and we were listening to still life on the way to my house and serenity painted death came on and he pointed that out. we pictured akerfeldt saying it while wearing a backwards hat and sunglasses and couldn't stop laughing.

I bet there's a rap track on one of the new album. He denies it of course.

YOur wish has already come true! Have you ever watched the movie "hackers"? There is a nu metal band playing that Chorus Riff with some dude rapping over it. It's kinda scary, but funny!

uh yeah uh uh uh oh yeah feel this shit right here, mikael in the house droppin platz! white face, haggered grin, this serenity painted death, uh oh yeah feel me. mikael has got thug love for his niggaz bitch.

No but if i can get serious for one second, yes it does sound likes hes rapping. lol pretty funny.

In my old black metal band, we had a song called "Sadistic Acts", and during the verses our vocalist would rap the lyrics in his BM voice. He'd do all the arm movements and stuff that rappers would do as well. He never did the dancing at a gig though, although once he did introduce us as "Birmingham's premier gay Black Metal band".

:lol: lol ok ok!! I really think Mike listens to rap ! ahhaha listen to to Bloodbath's Breeding death, the first 3 mins are ALL RAP! hahahaha, with another elusive grooved out rappish riff and drum line heheh

rapid black/death metal screams/growls always sound like rapping, due to the nature of both vocal styles: Both are monotonous, thus relying solely on rhythm and lyrics to keep the listener's interest in the vocals. I think alot of death/black singers give their growls uninteresting rhythms or extend words for long periods of time specifically to detract from the uncannily rappish sound.

now i think its an interesting, great song. I guess when I first listned to Still Life, It never grasped me, so I go into the habbit of skipping it, and it just stuck. I dunno I thought rap part was goofy, and I used ot laugh when I listened to it, now I listen to the whole song unbiased to the rappy part, and I love it, the same went for nectar, I used to skip it alot. Now its one of my favorite songs hehe