lolz

High On Maiden said:
I can't even understand suicide. As I see it the whole purpose of existence is the self, and the preservation and improvement of one's self along with those others that matter.

Well, I'm guessing that they didn't see things that way. Most 14-year-olds don't, and if they do, they only believe it intellectually, as a crutch to help them cope with being alienated outcasts. It takes a mature, self-reliant adult to actually live life according to this codex.

I guarantee that if all the adamantium-hearted Nietzschean supermen who've posted in this could be brought face-to-face with their own selves at 14 years old, they would want to beat the shit out of themselves. Teenagers are confused, stupid creatures whose personalities are in flux. The fact that right now, they were suicidal and couldn't handle a little French faggoth, doesn't have any bearing on how they would have turned out. Kids grow out of this shit. With the right influences (who can say that they wouldn't have stumbled on Anus.com one day?), they may end up being even stronger-hearted than chest-thumping posers like Oblivius Maximus up there, thanks to their experiences at this stage of life.

lord667 said:
Well, I'm guessing that they didn't see things that way. Most 14-year-olds don't, and if they do, they only believe it intellectually, as a crutch to help them cope with being alienated outcasts. It takes a mature, self-reliant adult to actually live life according to this codex.

I guarantee that if all the adamantium-hearted Nietzschean supermen who've posted in this could be brought face-to-face with their own selves at 14 years old, they would want to beat the shit out of themselves. Teenagers are confused, stupid creatures whose personalities are in flux. The fact that right now, they were suicidal and couldn't handle a little French faggoth, doesn't have any bearing on how they would have turned out. Kids grow out of this shit. With the right influences (who can say that they wouldn't have stumbled on Anus.com one day?), they may end up being even stronger-hearted than chest-thumping posers like Oblivius Maximus up there, thanks to their experiences at this stage of life.

There are regular angst inflicted teenagers that are disgusting and then there is raging angst hurricane inflicted teenagers that kill themselves over faggoth music.

Sorry about the incoherence of my last post.

...it was late.

Well honestly, I don't see death or suicide as anything bad and if some people have a better reason than being depressed for suicide I really don't see anything wrong with it. But I guess the fact of the matter is, they'll be gone affecting their loved ones of their sudden absence in their lives.

I had a really good friend(actually the vocalist of my band) who committed suicide. I hadn't seen him for 2 weeks because I moved back to my birthplace to do my military service, and I suddenly had heard of what had happened. Apparently in his suicide note, he thanked his friends, family and girlfriend for the great times he's had in his life. This friend of mine, was...well not religious but instead very spiritual and believes in reincarnation(whether it exists or not is a different matter). He hated humanity and the politics of it and how we seem to be totally loosing our roots with nature. Depressed? I think not. He always had a smile on his face, truly did not gave a fuck about what anyone thought or said about him. He said, he lived life the way he wanted even though he didn't get to experience much of it, he ended his life when he wanted to. You might be asking, if he believes in reincarnation wouldn't he be a human again in a more terrible nature? Well...he and I share the same beliefs where there are more than one realities and we are this realities metaphysical manifestation...So he thinks he'd be reborn in a completely different universe/reality.

I was devastated when I heard the news...but I've come to realise that he's probably better off whereever his beliefs have taken him to.

Not much else to add to the post...just my view on suicide. Another look on it, this jumping off buildings shit pisses me off because it means me, as a firefighter to be, have to attend to these cases once I finish my training. They make our job hard. Idiots.