Lopez having trouble with a mood disorder?

DemonOfTheFall

The 1st REAL Demon here..
I like never post here anymore, haven't posted in like over a year, since these forums have become quite redundent. But I come here every once and a while for info. I come here now with concern for Martin Lopez. I don't know if Martin reads these forums, my impressions have always been that he doesn't since I see that it is really only Mikael that posts often. I've debated a little with myself whether to post this at all because it is a pretty personal question to ask of somebody and I don't mean to spread rumors.

So I've read about what's happened recently with Martin and him having panic attacks, and then also that whatever he is suffering from being hereditary (from his father); a question that begs to be answered in my mind is whether Lopez is suffering from a mood disorder. I think I'm being a bit egocentric because I suffer from manic-depression (bipolar disorder) and I couldn't help but think that his symptoms sound a bit like bp. I dont' mean to pry but I know that I am, so I apologize ahead of time; but the way I see things the more you know about yourself the better you can take care.

If you don't know what bp is you can find more info here: http://www.dbsalliance.org/info/bipolar.html

I think discussing any potential mental disorders members of Opeth have might be crossing the line a little bit...like, the dangerously-obsessed line. I mean, he had a panic attack, went to a doctor, got diagnosed, and is on meds for it. Honestly I don't think it's up to us to pry around any more.

Flame me if you want, anyone. but, you're gay.

Alls I know is Lopez live is pure kick ass.
Love to watch him drum.
So, I hope he is better and can come back over here
to the states and cut us a new asshole!!!!
JMTC

Thanks, I like ladies myself.

For some people a year is recent history when your life is longer than a decade.

I am closer to American Indian than East Indian. To be precise I'm Mexican-Indian, or as we call ourselves nowadays... Mexican.

I already apologized for prying into Lopez's life. And you ever think maybe I am obsessed? Tell me what you wouldn't give to kick it with Opeth?

gatedropper said:
Alls I know is Lopez live is pure kick ass.
Love to watch him drum.
So, I hope he is better and can come back over here
to the states and cut us a new asshole!!!!
JMTC
All I can say to that is... HELL YEA!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I think depression is the kind of mental illness that makes people post that they have a depression.

mot- said:
I think depression is the kind of mental illness that makes people post that they have a depression.

Not only am I confused now, but hell I'm sobbing like a schoolgirl!

DemonOfTheFall said:
I like never post here anymore, haven't posted in like over a year, since these forums have become quite redundent. But I come here every once and a while for info. I come here now with concern for Martin Lopez. I don't know if Martin reads these forums, my impressions have always been that he doesn't since I see that it is really only Mikael that posts often. I've debated a little with myself whether to post this at all because it is a pretty personal question to ask of somebody and I don't mean to spread rumors.

So I've read about what's happened recently with Martin and him having panic attacks, and then also that whatever he is suffering from being hereditary (from his father); a question that begs to be answered in my mind is whether Lopez is suffering from a mood disorder. I think I'm being a bit egocentric because I suffer from manic-depression (bipolar disorder) and I couldn't help but think that his symptoms sound a bit like bp. I dont' mean to pry but I know that I am, so I apologize ahead of time; but the way I see things the more you know about yourself the better you can take care.

If you don't know what bp is you can find more info here: http://www.dbsalliance.org/info/bipolar.html

If you took the time to read Mikaels post about this matter, the official reason should be stress-related. However I think the most reasonable answer is drugs. Lopez smoked the green, and that can give you panic attacks.

I've had panic attacks and they are not fun. You just don't know why you feel the way you do. I don't smoke green or take any drugs. I like alcohol but not an alcoholic. I think hormones kick in a certain ages and affect some people more than others. I only had the attacks for a couple years. I did have a little reoccurance caused by stress but I got through it. I never took any meds for it. I feel for Martin because with the stress of keeping up a kick ass band and traveling all over the world panic attacks can kick your ass. They suck!

Opeth slays! :headbang:

As Vrikolakas said, I also have had panic attacks in unforeseen form and of course, I have wondered why. Neither I have taken medicine but I have tried to control them (though I realize that they can't be controlled until it takes medication for it) and now, thankfully, they are not so followed.
Neither I have taken drugs or smoke marijuana. I might mention Mike saying that my only one " vice " is drink alcohol, though not to the point of being an alcoholic girl.
As for Martín López, the only thing that I can say is that I wish to be better in this moment.

Luz.-

Vrykolakas said:
I've had panic attacks and they are not fun. You just don't know why you feel the way you do. I don't smoke green or take any drugs. I like alcohol but not an alcoholic. I think hormones kick in a certain ages and affect some people more than others. I only had the attacks for a couple years. I did have a little reoccurance caused by stress but I got through it. I never took any meds for it. I feel for Martin because with the stress of keeping up a kick ass band and traveling all over the world panic attacks can kick your ass. They suck!

Opeth slays! :headbang:

If Martin does have Bi-Polar disorder, then I'm sure a doctor has diagnosed it. It's pretty common. I seriously think it was just panic attacks though. I mean, Martin really is no rock star - just an average guy, and to tour as extensive as they did last year, including Jordan, that takes a toll on you.

I only wish the best of health for all the Opeth guys. I'm just loving the Lamentation's DVD. I hope someday I can see Opeth concert in the USA. This band deserves much respect for what they have accomplished in the metal scene. :worship: