Lost in Time

Anyone ever get into or hear of Ved Buens Ende? I know a few people that just heard a bit about the band last year when they announced a reunion.

In any case their album Written in Waters is a fairly unique listen to say the least with some excellent vocals and well worth checking out.

I don't mind it but I think there's much better 'post-BM' stuff out there, most notably Arcturus, Blut Aus Nord and Solefald.

Ok time to introduce some other genres here:

Madsword - The Global Village
Amazing prog-metal album, sad they broke up after this masterpiece.

Sword - Metalized
Straight up Heavy Metal. Great songs, raw, cool solos, a classic from the 80s.

Jesters of Destiny - Fun at the Funeral
I'd be greatly impressed if anyone here had this cassette/Cd re-release :) - At the time of its release, it would be considered Avant-Garde Metal/Alternative Metal (1986). It was released on Restless Records if I recall, tied with Metal Blade. Talk about a unique album. I still need to get my hands on the reissue.

Anyone ever get into or hear of Ved Buens Ende? I know a few people that just heard a bit about the band last year when they announced a reunion.

In any case their album Written in Waters is a fairly unique listen to say the least with some excellent vocals and well worth checking out.

They broke up again. But yeah, they were my favourite of all the post-black metal acts.

Ok time to introduce some other genres here:

Madsword - The Global Village
Amazing prog-metal album, sad they broke up after this masterpiece.

Sword - Metalized
Straight up Heavy Metal. Great songs, raw, cool solos, a classic from the 80s.
So true. It's also sad that "Sweet Dreams" by Sword wasn't anywhere near the quality of "Metalized". Have you heard the ep by Madsword? How is it?

Jesters of Destiny - Fun at the Funeral
I'd be greatly impressed if anyone here had this cassette/Cd re-release :) - At the time of its release, it would be considered Avant-Garde Metal/Alternative Metal (1986). It was released on Restless Records if I recall, tied with Metal Blade. Talk about a unique album. I still need to get my hands on the reissue.
I want this badly.

So true. It's also sad that "Sweet Dreams" by Sword wasn't anywhere near the quality of "Metalized". Have you heard the ep by Madsword? How is it?

Are you referring to "Evolution"? If so, it wasn't NEAR what The Global Village was in my opinion (listening to it again to verify since it has been so long).

Yeah it's cool (worth hunting down), but not on par with The Global Village. I think a lot of it has to do with the killer production TGV has. The vocals on the EP aren't as polished either. They probably didn't have as much time in the studio to perfect everything.

I want this badly.

No doubt! Apparently they are going to re-press it again so ...

Ah, time to add three of my favourite underlooked British favourites,

1) Korpse. I don't know too much about them myself; they had two albums out, both of which are great - Pull the Flood, and Revirgin (the latter of which got a 10/10 in Terrorizer, with good cause). Strangely, I would call it stoner-death metal. Very blues/jazz influenced death metal with a psychadelic lyrical view point. Worth getting (if you can find them). I managed to get both of the albums from a Virgin megastores clearance sale for £1.99 each a few years ago.

2) - Acrimony - Great Stoner/Doom band from Wales. Kind of like a much heavier Kyuss spliced with the spacier elements of Hawkwind. Two albums, one on Godhead the other on Earache.

3) The Enchanted - all those Arghoslent worshipping fools best be fellating my Bradford niggaz rude parts, as they both rule all over their American cousins, and all without the need for rather tiresome "radical" political/racial polemic.