Love Varg, or hate Varg, pleasepleaseplease Read this Article.

KILL TULLY said:
I don't get the joke =/
One of Varg's problems with Western society is, the way we've bastardized Pagan holidays. One such holiday that he pointed to was halloween. This holiday used to be a day when adults would dress like the dead, in order to sneak past those who guarded the pathways between the living and the gods, so that the living could visit with the gods.

Zod

General Zod said:
If you find his views interesting, discuss away. I just don't see his opinions as being of any greater significance than anyone else's. I liked the "Shawshank Redemption", but that doesn't mean I care what Tim Robbins thinks. Furthermore, I'm personally not interested in the views of anyone whose rotting in prison for murdering someone innocent. Finally, the guy is a moron. He scoffs at the Christian faith, then proceeds to tell us how the world's problems are due to the fact that we don't dress up like the dead, so that we can sneak past the guards of Valhalla, cross the rainbow bridge and have cheese and crackers with Odin.

Zod

This statement just feels right to me. Well spoken.

people can blabber all they want about how their faiths were suborned by Christianity, but the truth is probably that the denizens of Valhalla probably overtook a religion even older, and that in turn another and another.
if Varg really wants to get back to his Roots, he'll have to time travel back to when his ancestors came from AFRICA.
varg1.jpg

lizard said:
exactly....you know just about nothing about my life and yet you're telling me I don't know anything about this issue.

You haven't said anything to prove otherwise.

nice. you'll also get a job quicker than them. oh I forgot...no you won't....because the Texas cowboy president is presiding over the worst economy America has seen in decades. As a resident of a slave state, YOUR people were responsible for bringing these people here, not mine. It's kind of like, you build a nuke in your back yard, and then it crashes, and you blame someone else for the fact that your kids glow in the dark.

My people? You mean White Americans?

I've purposely refrained from posting in this thread because I knew it would quickly degenerate into "no YUO!".

It appears that my hypothesis was correct.

no, the wealthy white southerners, who wouldn't pick their own cotton and thereby created a market for someone to begin importing slaves.

I'm well aware that the vast bulk of white southerners did not in fact own slaves, so I am in no way trying to tar a whole group even though it seems to be fashionable here on this board. I am specifying the people who started the civil war and then made the less powerful white people fight it.

I just don't like how the old slavery issue is always thrown in the air once any talk of black/white/minority relations is discussed. It's just a reserved response for people with no argument. "Well whites brought 'em here." Yeah, well no shit Sherlock. Give me something else that didn't happen over a hundred years ago.

How can anyone blame some cotton farmers who lived 150 years ago that happened to own some slaves for what has happened in today's world? It holds no credibility.

And like I said before, I don't blame minorities for what happened. I've got to shoulder all the responsibility and I am, but I'd be a fool to assume the governments racist "quotas" didn't have something to do with it.

That being said, the job search is going OK, and we've got enough put away to last quite a while.

EDIT: @ lizard, this post was written before I read your posts

J. said:
Fuck off. If I was a my pals or a Dune Coon I'd still have my job. The Spic, the my pals, and the three dune coons from my group are still working there. The four people within my group that were laid off, all Whites. And numbers proved I worked harder than the sand my pals and the charcoal my pals.

Don't spout that shit till you've been in someone's shoes who has experienced this bullshit.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BILLY MILANO.

KILL TULLY said:
You're all fucking my pals for jacking my thread.

Hmm, to be fair, you ignored every post about the link to Varg's articles and jumped on the tirade of talking about inequality in Boston. You jacked your own thread.

Secondly, and not to digress here, but I find it laughable that *some* of the same people complaining about minorities writing "hate propoganda" towards white people spend most of their day listening to NSBM.

Carry on.

Erik said:
Royal Carnage - where even the jews and negros listen to NSBM®

Actually, let's go with: "Royal Carnage - where even the jews, christians, muslims, and non-whites listen to NSBM", and we can add this to our title generator. :loco:

NAD and I were talking about this: we need a banner for "metalheads against racism" AND a banner for "metalheads for free speech". Is there such a thing for the latter? :tickled:

well, some of those uber Christian Repubs on Capitol Hill aren't too far from NS. I can picture those dudes jamming it to Temnozor' whilst talking about "sub humans".

JayKeeley said:
NAD and I were talking about this: we need a banner for "metalheads against racism" AND a banner for "metalheads for free speech". Is there such a thing for the latter? :tickled:
In today's metal culture I'm gonna guess no. :Spin:

Erik said:
1) No, the guy is not saying that "the world's problems are due to Judeo-Christian bastardization of pagan holidays" (compressed and de-jokified version) or anything of the sort. His problems with the world go far deeper than that, but I'm sure you knew that and just picked out whatever you found it easy to make fun of instead of actually arguing against his REAL points.
Taken from an interview with Varg:

"The reason we are not able to communicate with the gods is simply that we no longer practise the Pagan religion."

"They don't know that the real reason they dress up as ghosts and other dead creatures is to gain access to Heaven"

"The gods cannot communicate with us anymore, and they cannot hear our prayers, because the channel between the gods and mankind was broken when Europe was Christianised. That is the reason we are destroying our planet."

I'm not taking this out of context. He clearly states, if Christianity hadn't destroyed the link between us and the gods, we wouldn't be destroying our planet. One of those links, is established by dressing up like ghosts.

Feel free to review the interview yourslef, if you haven't already done so:

http://www.metalcrypt.com/pages/interviewsframe.php?intid=170

Erik said:
2) "Personally not interested in the views of anyone whose rotting in prison for murdering someone innocent." Fine -- IF you consider unplanned manslaughter of a man who attacked you first and had plans of torturing you to death while videotaping it "murdering someone innocent." Besides, if you're not interested in his views, then don't discuss them. Very simple.
The first rule of martial arts; run away. The second rule of martial arts; disable your opponent to the point where you can run away. Did he need to kill him? There are a number of accounts. What is fact and fiction can be hard to decipher.

Erik said:
3) "I just don't see his opinions as being of any greater significance than anyone else's." -- no person's opinions are of greater "significance" than another's, objectively, but as you recognize that subjective value is another thing, that people who find his opinions interesting should be able to discuss them (and by extension, that people who DON'T -- again, like you -- shouldn't) what worth does that statement have?
If you look at what he believes religously, take into account that he hates other races because they weren't created by Jarl, and factor in everything else that we know of the man, it's harder to lend any more credence to his words than to those of some loon like Manson. That being said, if you find his opinions of value, feel free to discuss them. My only objection, is with the assertion that his views "are very important to the Metal community".

Zod