Low tuned song (Dropped G#) to mixing practice!

This could be fun.. I'll mix it and add vocals, will update later. :)

I'm a guitarist/screamer/singer btw.

I liked your videos, cool idea to have both guitars, like that, to show both parts. Very cool man.

3 hours in Reaper with headphones only. I used the original snare, overheads and Trillian bass tracks, replaced the kick with Slate (Kick 10) and reamped the guitar DI with Waves GTR (Monster amp).

EDIT: Just realized that the toms are not very audible because I high passed the overheads quite heavily :D I'm redoing this tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my mix. I did a quick 2 hour mix/master but I became pretty satisfied with it. Re-amped the rythm guitar thru my peavy 5150 to one sm57 on axis. Other guitars and bass are soft tube metal amp room.

Updated my mix a bit. I sat with it a couple of hours more and I became really pleased with it. Got a killer tone of my 5150 re-amp I think.

Thanks guys!

But I have a question,how do you record guitar,which preamp do you use,cause guitar are BIG

Thanks! I used Toneport GX and ampsim (Lepou Legion, Asem Recto Impulses) :)

@Widekmusic Great song. Question, why did you choose passive pickups for your EC1000?

Thank you, i didnt choose my passive pickups, those are standard pickups for EC1000 VHB :) (SH4JB + SH'59)