LSD Drums - Snares v.1. selling now! (incl. teaserclips)

No worries man, no doubt whoever's making the drum for you will be able to give you more info. Maybe you could even head to their workshop to try some stuff out and see what you like?

Just realized that I forgot Oak in that list! Yamaha make some nice Oak kit's and it's meant to have a pretty aggressive sound so could be worth looking at. Hard to work with though as it's a very dense hard wood.

Be sure to let us know what you decide on!

Depends what you want really.

Deeper drums tend to need hit harder to excite the shell, but sound massive when you do. Whereas smaller drums tend to respond better to drummers that hit like wimps.

Anything steel/brass/aluminium etc is going to be bright as hell, which is great for cutting through a metal mix.

Maple is really nice, Birch is good too, and has more attack and less resonance than Maple.

Walnut is really nice for rock/punk snares, not sure how it would suit metal though (really need to get a good fuck around with my walnut snare and make samples to be honest)

Go for die cast hoops, should give you one hell of a loud rimshot and easier stable tuning.

Don't discount going for something 13 or 12 inches instead of the standard 14". You can get some really cool sounds from drums that are smaller in width but deeper than your normal 14" counterparts.

You could go for a vented snare, Will be loud as hell and quite dry (as the hole reduces shell resonance) and would be something different to all the usual mass produced snare's you get in.

There's also the option of going for something with lot's of ply's. As you increase the number of plies the pitch goes up and the drum gets louder. So you could go for a 20-50 ply snare (a 50 will be stupidly loud and have alot of attack!)

Head wise I really like Remo Ambassador with the reverse dot on wood snares and Evans Genera Dry on metal snares.

(Sorry if you already know all this stuff as I know some of it's pretty obvious tbh, just typing as I think really)

Thanks for sharing all this infos man:headbang:

Not a problem dude. Happy to help.

I've been developing a bit of a drum obsession lately so have been reading tons, listening to samples/records, digging up old sessions and just generally thinking about nothing but drums drums drums! I don't think it's healthy tbh :lol:

not sure, don't think so tbh.
but I'll keep adding samples free of charge, so the package will constantly be growing, but the price won't.
All updates will also be free, so there's no disadvantage in buying early