LSD Drums - Snares v.1. selling now! (incl. teaserclips)

Not sure how trigger works yet but you should make gog's and slate trigger presets for easy use. Do you plan to do this?

Sorry if it was mentioned in thread already but just curious....

Lasse just curious, I know you are an apTrigga guy, how are you using multivelocity multisamples, are you using a different plug for that purpose? That is the only limitation in apTrigga that is making me consider the jump to Trigger :/

Lasse just curious, I know you are an apTrigga guy, how are you using multivelocity multisamples, are you using a different plug for that purpose? That is the only limitation in apTrigga that is making me consider the jump to Trigger :/

Why? You can set up apTrigga with multisamples. On a snare track I use apTrigga with 9 different samples from the same snare. Like 3 cracks, 2 hard, 2 medium and 2 soft samples. Worked for me! It's not easy to setup though!

These sound pretty good and RAW. Slate is a little over processed sounding for me, but like everyone else, I would like to hear a mix as well first :p

btw: lsd = live studio drums ;)

lsd_drums.jpg

Lasse, I just have a problem. I bought these and downloaded them to my laptop, transferred them to my external HDD and tried to transfer them to my mac in the studio and it wont let me :eek: says access denied or not enough permissions or something... And I need the samples... I tried changing properties and stuff but it doesnt work... is there any way around it?

Lasse, I just have a problem. I bought these and downloaded them to my laptop, transferred them to my external HDD and tried to transfer them to my mac in the studio and it wont let me :eek: says access denied or not enough permissions or something... And I need the samples... I tried changing properties and stuff but it doesnt work... is there any way around it?

hmmm
must be a problem with your Mac/PC, you can use the Samples on as many of (your) computers as you want....

are you logged in as admin on your studio mac?

btw...a custom drum building company just offered me an LSD signature snare.....what should I get? Metal? Wood? which metal? which wood? how deep?
I'm no drummer, so I don't have a clue....well...I have yet to meet a drummer that has a clue about anything, lol.

Depends what you want really.

Deeper drums tend to need hit harder to excite the shell, but sound massive when you do. Whereas smaller drums tend to respond better to drummers that hit like wimps.

Anything steel/brass/aluminium etc is going to be bright as hell, which is great for cutting through a metal mix.

Maple is really nice, Birch is good too, and has more attack and less resonance than Maple.

Walnut is really nice for rock/punk snares, not sure how it would suit metal though (really need to get a good fuck around with my walnut snare and make samples to be honest)

Go for die cast hoops, should give you one hell of a loud rimshot and easier, more stable tuning.

Don't discount going for something 13 or 12 inches instead of the standard 14". You can get some really cool sounds from drums that are smaller in width but deeper than your normal 14" counterparts.

You could go for a vented snare, Will be loud as hell and quite dry (as the hole reduces shell resonance) and would be something different to all the usual mass produced snare's you get in.

There's also the option of going for something with lot's of ply's. As you increase the number of plies the pitch goes up and the drum gets louder. So you could go for a 20-50 ply snare (a 50 will be stupidly loud and have alot of attack!)

Head wise I really like Remo Ambassador with the reverse dot on wood snares and Evans Genera Dry on metal snares.

(Sorry if you already know all this stuff as I know some of it's pretty obvious tbh, just typing as I think really)