LSD Kickdrums....wohooo

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
there are many good sounding samples and drumbrains out there, but only few that I liked using in my mixes....
I think that's because most of those were not specifically made for metal...THESE ARE!

So far the kick pack contains 7 different mix ready kickdrums (more will come), all tailored for a metal mix and different styles of metal.

the kicks in so far are:

Rarefaction

BigRock

ClickStick

NaturalMetal

SlappyKick

SlappyPunch

SmackStick

Raw

Bounce63

Advertising price, buyers of this pack will get all future updates for free.
The pack contains multiple velocities and multiple 24bits samples per velocity.

If you don't wanna buy the samples you can of course still use these teaser clips to blend in with your kickdrums (they're only mp3 though... and well, only 1 sample per kick of course)

Of course not;)
But I know what I get with your samples!

It's time for me to get into the instrument maker of trigger.

Just a raw thought:
We should share the tci's in the LSD User community, anyhow.
It's fucking sad that Trigger won't work for you, I use it exclusively and it's just awesome.

It's downloaded:) I'll drive to the studio as fast as I can...
€dit:Yeah 333. post;)

Of course not;)
But I know what I get with your samples!

thanks ;)

well, I'm planning on making TCIs for the kicks and sig series snares, I just don't know when to find the time to make them for the original series...just too many samples, lol.

But I realize that many people are using trigger, so it would make sense...though I don't know if it'd actually be legal if I made TCIs and included them in the pack, gotta ask Slate about that.

Smack stick ftw

+ I hear monnnsterrrrrr!!! m/

what you're hearing is a drumstick taped to the head of the kickdrum :)

(on that one and on clickstick).

but you're right, it's indeed rather similar in some aspects, I referenced to a monster-blend and tried to get the bottomend/lowmid but with a differennt top end

good ears!
Monster has less lows/sublows and the attack/click is a bit higher I think, also are the mids a bit different, but the the style/type of the kick is very similar indeed.
out of curiosity (since you mentioned it) I've just dragged both samples in PT and took a screenshot...
looked surprisingly different, although the overall character is indeed similar (well, I'm glad it is, after all I was aiming for a similar sound ;) )

BIGMON.png

Purchased - fucking WIN!

I've been using your snares (well...snare 6 :lol: ) on the 2 latest projects I've been mixing, I'll post those when I get the OK from the band. Can't wait to get your kicks into a project!