Lunar Aurora

They are indeed quite redundant, but they serve their purpose as background noise, if you are in the mood for that particular sound. Nothing to get excited about, though, and they will give you nothing in the long run.

Very solid band. When it comes to symphonic black metal, it doesn't get much better than Andacht.

And carbon copy? Which bands do you have in mind?

Oh let's see, Ashen Light, Satanic Warmaster, Nachtmystium, Myrk, Behexen, Sauron, Urgehal... and a shitload of well-known USBM... Apart from their production values, most of these bands, and a BIG handful of others, are all the same. They all stick to a very polished and tight version of the basics (which isn't supposed to be tight or polished anyway).

Like Crimson Velvet said, good background noise, but not really worth being attentive towards. We've heard it all before... like 15 years ago :D

Oh let's see, Ashen Light, Satanic Warmaster, Nachtmystium, Myrk, Behexen, Sauron, Urgehal... and a shitload of well-known USBM... Apart from their production values, most of these bands, and a BIG handful of others, are all the same. They all stick to a very polished and tight version of the basics (which isn't supposed to be tight or polished anyway).

Like Crimson Velvet said, good background noise, but not really worth being attentive towards. We've heard it all before... like 15 years ago :D
I don't know any of these bands (except Nachtmystium), maybe that's why I think "Lunar Aurora" is somehow special. I'm no black metal connaisseur. Still think Andacht is a solid record, songs like Glück and Das Ende are superb. Anyway, it's not like Lunar Aurora is my end-all-be-all black metal band either. Oh well...

i'd say the bands you've mentioned were influenced by Lunar Aurora and not the other way around. Lunar Aurora deliver highest quality bm with every release and they do this with a honest kind. 'Andacht', 'Zyklus' and 'Elixir Of Sorrow' are unmatched masterpieces in this genre. there are few other bm-bands nowadays which i enjoy as much as Lunar Aurora. these are Negura Bunget, Deathspell Omega, Wolves In The Throne Room, Secrets Of The Moon, The Ruins Of Beverast and Keep Of Kalessin

Influences and chronological contexts have no bearing in the realm of this thread. I'm pointing out genericism in relation to Lunar Aurora, nothing more.

Given some of the other bands you've mentioned there (Ruins Of Beverast is garbage), I'd think your concept of "masterpieces" needs some reviewing friend.

i'd say the bands you've mentioned were influenced by Lunar Aurora and not the other way around. Lunar Aurora deliver highest quality bm with every release and they do this with a honest kind. 'Andacht', 'Zyklus' and 'Elixir Of Sorrow' are unmatched masterpieces in this genre. there are few other bm-bands nowadays which i enjoy as much as Lunar Aurora. these are Negura Bunget, Deathspell Omega, Wolves In The Throne Room, Secrets Of The Moon, The Ruins Of Beverast and Keep Of Kalessin

God but you're a Johnny-come-lately dork! There's not a heterosexual band in the mix.

Influences and chronological contexts have no bearing in the realm of this thread. I'm pointing out genericism in relation to Lunar Aurora, nothing more.

Given some of the other bands you've mentioned there (Ruins Of Beverast is garbage), I'd think your concept of "masterpieces" needs some reviewing friend.

maybe you would be kind to advise me what true masterpieces are? bear in mind i listen to black-metal since 1993 and these are my top 10 bm releases (black-metal in a wider sense of this word):

Primordial - Spirit The Earth Aflame
Negura Bunget - OM
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Abigor - Nachthymnen
Enslaved - Eld
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Lunar Aurora - Elixir Of Sorrow
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia

@Scourge Of God: your 'johnny'-comment is just plain bullshit and keep you opinions on 'heterosexuality' to yourself

maybe you would be kind to advise me what true masterpieces are? bear in mind i listen to black-metal since 1993 and these are my top 10 bm releases (black-metal in a wider sense of this word):

Primordial - Spirit The Earth Aflame
Negura Bunget - OM
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Satyricon - Nemesis Divina
Abigor - Nachthymnen
Enslaved - Eld
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Mayhem - De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Lunar Aurora - Elixir Of Sorrow
Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Symfonia

@Scourge Of God: your 'johnny'-comment is just plain bullshit and keep you opinions on 'heterosexuality' to yourself

Horseshit, you're MAYBE 18 or 19, and every single album on your list is total crap except for In the Nightside Eclipse and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

It hasn't escaped anyone's notice that your entire list consists of derivative bedroom black metal that the internet trendies praise, with a handful of releases that, however excellent, are readily available at every Best Buy in America. The "I've been listening to black metal since '93" doesn't wash, since it's obvious you were about 6 then.

Horseshit, you're MAYBE 18 or 19, and every single album on your list is total crap except for In the Nightside Eclipse and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.

It hasn't escaped anyone's notice that your entire list consists of derivative bedroom black metal that the internet trendies praise, with a handful of releases that, however excellent, are readily available at every Best Buy in America. The "I've been listening to black metal since '93" doesn't wash, since it's obvious you were about 6 then.

All I ever see you do is talk shit. Make a recommendation you contrary bastard !

Almost half your "list" is decent but you haven't mentioned ONE BURZUM ALBUM or Darkthrone (thanks Crimson, y'know u love it mate) album, let alone Bathory, early Immortal, Thorns, Ved Buens Ende, Ulver, and a handful of other bands you're still catching up on with Wikipedia.

Sonny you may have been listening to metal since 93, but in '86 I bought my first Maiden album and in '88 patched my first jacket, so you better slap that Demon Burger CD back on :lol:

As far as true masterpieces go for the second wave, look no further than any release by Varg Vikernes. imo Vikernes is the undisputed second wave king and still almost 15 years later his material is light years ahead of what many are still trying to emulate.

no_blackmetal.jpg

Always happy to spread the love, man!

All you bastards should check out Aeternus - "Beyond the Wandering Moon", 'cause it rules all your pants! :cool:

Not that it's relevant, but still...

wrong, boy. i'm 29 so stfu.