lyrical meaning

spatch

Nov 20, 2003
London Uk
Jasun just hoping when you get the time; can you right a bit the song process I remember with Specs you gave quite a detailed write up around the songs that was a real joy to read

Hey Spatch,

I've been answering this like crazy in interviews so I just copied and paste. Maybe Chris will get on here and tell his story behind the lyrics he wrote.

Troy and I wrote the lyrics and melodies to "The Power to Believe", "Dark Deceiver", "Resurrection" and "Inner Spirit" (Over 90 percent of the lyrics for Inner Spirit). I should say Troy wrote all the lyrics to "Dark Deceiver" and I wrote all the lyrics to "Resurrection". These were the last four songs written for the CD. "The Power to Believe", Inner Spirit" and "Resurrection" follow Part 1, 2 and 3 storyline. The story is about a young Native American tribe leader who is risking his life by leading the enemy into uncertain territory so that his tribe isn’t exposed. When he feels he’s pushed to his limit he looks to the sky for guidance. The spirit of his parents helps him clear his mind and find the answers. Musically speaking it’s a dynamic chapter that is built with landscapes of movement. When Troy and I solo it creates tension to the visions and chapters to overcome the struggles on land and at sea. We wanted to tell A more positive, uplifting story with those songs. “Dark Deceiver” is more of a horror feel to it. The music is what inspires the lyrics. The landscape of instruments makes it pretty easy to create a storyline. Chris and Troy wrote the lyrics to “A Temple Within”. “Lies” and “The Passion of Words” were writing by Chris. “Chris was going through a tough period in his life and I believe that’s where he found the inspiration for the lyrics of “Lies” and “The Passion of Words”.

I hope that helps and sorry I haven't been getting back to everyone sooner. I'm just trying to beat deadlines on the interviews.

METAL!!

Jasun

Totally agree with Kenneth you rule Jasun and lyrics are awesome!!! Thanks for taking the time Jasun hope that Chris will share sometime