\m/ Thrash Metal Discussion \m/

DRI is more crossover than anything. Same with Nuclear Assault imo

I think we should add Cryptic Slaughter to that list as well..

---

Dunno if you would count these as underrated but..

Destructor
Evil Dead
Infernäl Mäjesty
Slaughter Lord
Vendetta
Wehrmacht

I would add Laaz Rockit and Onslaught too since I don't hear much talk about them.. but I think they were probably pretty established..

I think we should add Cryptic Slaughter to that list as well..

And Suicidal Tendencies for that matter.
And I want to add to my list:

Mekong Delta
Zoetrope
Nasty Savage
Meliah Rage (I know they're more a mix of power and thrash)

Im listening to think this right now.
Your right the vocals are even better here.
Machine Dream fucking blew my mind.
Thanks man, probobly would of took me a lot
longer to find this band if I didnt make this thread.

Fuck man i love toxik also pure technical speed/thrash most preferably Think This

Like some of you would have noticed, alot of old school thrash metal bands have reformed and heading straight back to their roots, 80's pure fucking thrash, for example: Heathen, Forbidden, Exumer, Whiplash, Nuclear Assault, Toxik, Razor, Onslaught, Holy Terror, Death Angel and Testament well Alex Skolnick has rejoined and Chuck Billy is better than ever id say its more a re-union.

And what about the albums that came out this year as well as what is expected next year, slayer, megadeth, anthrax, morbid angel exodus and a shit load more all have albums on the works.

Like the list could go on with all the old school bands reforming, and what about the second generation of thrash metal that we are seeing today like merciless death, evile, violator and warbringer.

I seriously doubt any of these bands will be reforming for money or anything else for that matter except for the love and passion they have for the genre all these bands created.

Its got me and hopefully you thinking is their a thrash metal revival heading our way? Fuck I hope so.........

Ive been noticing this too.
I saw Testament in July and they were
still kicking ass. I also heard that
Exodus and Kreator are touring aswell.

Yeah exodus, kreator and warbringer are all touring together over the east coast, cant wait til kreators new album "hordes of chaos" comes out january 12th i think it is, it leaked over the internet yesterday, but as a true fan im gonna be loyal and buy it when it comes out.

Thrash is already trendy again. Toxic Holocaust just put out a new album through Relapse, and a bunch of newer, gayer bands got picked up by Earache, etc.

The only old band that stands a chance of putting out a new album that doesn't fucking suck is Heathen.

New thrash bands that are actually good: Sauron (US), Lethal (Swe), Corrupt (Swe), Enforcer (Swe), and a handful of others. I really don't care for basically any of the newer bands that people talk about (Municipal Waste, Warbringer, Evile, Bonded By Blood, Fueled By Fire, etc., etc.). They all sound completely uninteresting to me, being inferior copycats of Slayer or Destruction.

HIRAX just came out with a new one. As far as new bands USURPER and Evile are cool. I feel TANKARD is a quite underrated german thrash band. Im looking forward to thenew SLAYER, EXODUS,KREATOR, EVILE and MEGADETH albums in 09. Even ANTHRAX are releasing one.

I sense more a revival in new bands than in old bands reforming (not always with good results). My favorite ones are: Abandoned, Fueled By Fire and Evile. But also are many others like Gama Bomb, Hammerwhore, Bonded By Blood, Municipal Waste, and a lot of underground ones.

@Dodens: I consider Enforcer more speed than thrash, nevertheless is a great new band, was my first friend band at MySpace and I awaiting to haul their debut album.

Hexenhaus
Inconsistent band, but their debut is excellent. Melodic but evil speed/thrash with some really twisted guitar soloing.
Couldn't agree more. "A Tribute To Insanity" is one of the best thrash metal albums ever.

I also agree that these thrash bands are underrated:
Anacrusis
Coroner
Mekong Delta
Toxik
Znowhite

and I'd like to add:
Détente
Hades (first two albums)
Watchtower

Well, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the most obvious thrash comeback - Metallica. Death Magnetic has been a sales hit all over and has gotten good feedback. Is it because it's still "uncool" to like Metallica on this board?

When we speak of a thrash revival you can see it two ways:
1) quality albums being released or...
2) good album sales and/or concert attendance
With this criteria I would mention Testament whose Formation of Damnation may not have been a sales smash but they did go on a high-profile tour with Heaven and Hell and Judas Priest.
Likewise Megadeth who continues to tour succesfully and whose last two albums have done pretty well.

Well, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the most obvious thrash comeback - Metallica. Death Magnetic has been a sales hit all over and has gotten good feedback. Is it because it's still "uncool" to like Metallica on this board?

Well alot of people think the new album is metallica back to form. However I would argue that it isnt a thrash metal album. The only thrash track on there is "my apocalypse" and to me that might be the worst track on the album.

Im just now listening to Kreators new album "hordes of chaos". I think it is really amazing. I will buy this one as soon as it is released, no doubt.