\m/ Thrash Metal Discussion \m/

Need gear help. Ive been playing guitar for ten years just for fun but recently decided to make an album with my brother who plays bass. the demo tracks rip, but i was never serious enough to invest in good gear so im playing a crappy low end jackson through a crappy line 6, and my tone literally sounds like distorted farts. Im a huge fan of gary hotl's tone in exodus and want to sound somewhat like that. my budget is fairly large but not crazy. I was thinking about throwing some blackouts in my jackson, getting a kemper so i can run it on the dual rectifier profile, (through a marshal) and using a "gary holt HBE Doomsday device". I have a shit load of playing experience, but minimal knowledge of gear. if i take that proposed rig into a studio, will that be enough to fuck shit up?
I was assuming you gonna go record in a studio. Disregard my other post if you're recording at home. Sorry bro

My bad, studio was the wrong word to use. its really just pro tools and some other equipment and software that our vocalist just got and is still figuring out how to use. so im on my own in terms of getting a decent tone. were all just doing it for fun and will most likely never even do a gig but we still want it to sound good. sorry about posting something here that has nothing to do with this thread, i was drunk.