Mac RIP

After 20 years the debut Sargant Fury is still one of my favorite albums ever.

RIP Mac :cry:

i second that, my friend. i was so happy to be able to reissue those albums for those guys so the world could hear how killer a hard rock band SARGANT FURY was.

here is a fun cover of Maniac (done 13 years before FIREWIND i might point out)

Last edited by a moderator:
Via http://www.bravewords.com/news/166748

THRESHOLD Members Pay Tribute To Former Singer Andrew 'Mac' McDermott

Mac1.jpg

Threshold guitarist Karl Groom commented on his passing: "Mac played a large part in the story of Threshold and appeared on five studio albums. He also sang on numerous fan club releases and live albums. Although I have not seen him since 2007, for the last video shoot in Leipzig, he still remains in our minds and there is a big sense of loss. I have spoken to and seen ex members of the band over the last two days who are all very saddened by this turn of events. We remember Mac as being so vibrant and full of life, so find this news is hard to accept."

McDermott had "serious health problems" in the months leading up to his death, according to a June 2011 statement from the German melodic metal band Powerworld, with whom he recorded the 2010 album Human Parasite.

Threshold keyboard player Richard West echoed the sentiments of numerous fans who left messages of condolence on Threshold's Facebook site:

"Mac had such a big personality and one of the world's greatest rock voices, it's so very sad that we lost him so young. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and loved ones".

McDermott had "serious health problems" according to a June update from POWERWORLD who parted ways with the singer - 'Mac' can be heard on the band's 2010 album Human Parasite.

McDermott's most recent musical venture was the band SWAMP FREAKS who "took some of the cool 'n' heavy from the '70s, FREE, ZEP, SABBATH and mashed it up with some '90s anarchy, PEARL JAM, NIRVANA, ALICE IN CHAINS, threw in some R.H.C.P and a sprinkle of punk rock."

McDermott had a long run Threshold, from 1998's Clone to 2007's impressive Dead Reckoning opus. His professional career started in the early '90s with SARGANT FURY where he recorded three albums with the German metallers.

A condolences page has been set up at this location.

Just read this news. Terrible :(

I had almost though that when they were saying he was "sick" with Powerworld that it was a way of being nice and that he was flaking on the band, sad to see this is not the case :(

It's sad to know that we will never hear one of the most gifted and unique voices in hard rock and heavy metal ever again. My thoughts are with those closest to him.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Horrible news. Threshold were one of the first prog metal bands that I got into and Mac was just an awesome vocalist. He will be missed RIP

Listening to what I am pretty certain was the very last album that he was involved with right now....

Powerworld - Human Parasite:

51tb%2BFdCKZL._SS500_.jpg

An awesome album and wish I can hear more from this guy. Rest in Peace indeed.

I too would like to piggyback on the sentiments from my predecessors...Threshold and Mac acquired a fan for life the night they played at PPUSA III. Their performance that night has a permanent place in my Top 10 best sets at ProgPower. Mac could sing the phone book and I would buy it...what a sad day indeed. I too heard the rumors about him joining Galloglass (a great band in their own right), and even hopped on board the Mac train with Yargos and PowerWorld.

You will be missed, my friend...RIP.

Ah yes, the legendry of PPIII continues to grow, we'll miss you Mac

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/187998 :

On the one year anniversary of the passing of former vocalist Andrew 'Mac' McDermott, UK progressive metallers THRESHOLD have uploaded some previously unseen footage of one of McDermott’s last performances with the band as a tribute to him.

In the video McDermott performs the track ‘Mission Profile’ at the Z7 in Switzerland on September 17th, 2004. Check it out below:

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/187998 :

On the one year anniversary of the passing of former vocalist Andrew 'Mac' McDermott, UK progressive metallers THRESHOLD have uploaded some previously unseen footage of one of McDermott’s last performances with the band as a tribute to him.

In the video McDermott performs the track ‘Mission Profile’ at the Z7 in Switzerland on September 17th, 2004. Check it out below:

Dead Reckoning was released in 2007. Didn't they tour for it? If so, why is a 2004 performance "one of his latest" with the band? In any ways, Mac ruled and is missed. R.I.P.

Dead Reckoning was released in 2007. Didn't they tour for it? If so, why is a 2004 performance "one of his latest" with the band? In any ways, Mac ruled and is missed. R.I.P.

They did tour for Dead Reckoning and in fact ProgPower was part of that tour, but Mac left right before the tour began. Damian was pulled in and the rest is history. There was a lot of anger in the Thresh camp towards Mac after that, but obviously the death of Mac hit them all pretty hard. RIP.

They did tour for Dead Reckoning and in fact ProgPower was part of that tour, but Mac left right before the tour began. Damian was pulled in and the rest is history. There was a lot of anger in the Thresh camp towards Mac after that, but obviously the death of Mac hit them all pretty hard. RIP.

Here's an official video from PP with Damian for the Dead Reckoning tour [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyzqCj9xpXA&feature=relmfu[/ame]