Mah is a sad panda

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
i bought a new digital camera today and i tried to make it work with my computer and i failed...it just wont do it..ive tried everything...and i mean everything...im gonna take it back and try another one...
it was a Vivitar Vivicam 3330...it has neato features too...:(

Maharet said:
i bought a new digital camera today and i tried to make it work with my computer and i failed...it just wont do it..ive tried everything...and i mean everything...im gonna take it back and try another one...
it was a Vivitar Vivicam 3330...it has neato features too...:(

It always sucks when you get the rotten egg of the bunch. When I built my friend's computer this summer I got a fragged motherboard, bad ram, and a broken video card, from newegg.com. Had to send them all back for replacements.

Hope the next one works out for you.

Tee asked me to try to help you, with your camera problem.
Forgive me if the following are too technical:
Well, first of all what kind of workstation do you have? Is it a PC / MAC?
Windows / Linux / other?
Which motherboard do you have? Some old motherboards are not really compatible with newer devices, you might have to upgrade the BIOS to make it work.
Do you have the latest drivers installed?
Did you try if it works on another machine?
Did you try another USB cable?

These are some of the first things on my hypothetical checklist for such kind of problems.
That is all I can think off after a long tiring day at work.

The issue was that it "saw" the camera (Windows XP) but windows refused to find the drivers for the camera on the cd that came with it, even after she intalled them, uninstalled them, and got new ones from Vivitar's website. Why do I know? I tried to help :(

Maharet said:
dude....it was only 70 bucks..i dont have a lot of money to spend on shit like that...HPs and Canons cost DOUGH!

A buddy of mine just got one of those Kodak ones, for about 100 bucks. I think it was a 3.2 pixel one. Anyway, I compared shots from his to my SONY. Its a smoking cheap camera, and it takes GREAT shots. I was bummed, considering what I've got, and his is killer for a low price.

I know someone else with a little more expensive kodak, and again, it was great.

I'm sorta impressed, to be honest. For what it is, and what you get.

Uh, I forgot to mention, the software and everything else included, worked on an older mac computer + on an older compaq for my other friends.

Sorry, I should've read a little more before jumping in.

thanks Tee and Metalized...but i took it back today...i think its the gods way of saying "no new camera for you yet..."
i got me money back and i will ask for a nicer one for xmas...the one i do have will suffice despite its tendancy to take blurry pics... bleah...David tried to help for like an hour and i even got help from a photographer friend...no go...stupid computer...oh well...

i am just sorry that I wasn't really of help.

Well, I hope that your next effort will be successful. At least you got your money back. Now you can go and buy the new Fates Warning album. (That is what I would do -- ah don't forget Distant Thunder as well {although Tee tells me that you don't listen to that} )

for future reference, sometimes you can go into the control panel > add/remove hardware, and use the troubleshooting feature to try and locate the driver; I've found that with strobepro scanners and some of our blackberries, this way to find the driver works better.
also, sometimes in device manager you can uninstall a USB, reboot, and it will come back okay.
just a couple of dumb ideas.