Maidens most underrated song

Iron Maidens most underrated song is.....

• Infinite Dreams

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Purgatory

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Fates Warning

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Sign Of The Cross

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • The Clansman

• Mother Russia

• Be Quick Or Be Dead

• The Wickerman

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Fallen Angel

• Judgement Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Children Of The Damned

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Revelations

• Stranger In A Strange Land

• Sea Of Madness

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Flash Of The Blade

• Back To The Village

• Flight Of Icarus

• Wasting Love

• The Aftermath

• Total voters

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Im bored, whats the most underrated Iron Maiden song?

First person to go "Oh but you left out <insert song here> has to eat one of Phloggys thrown up hot dogs :)

Who the hell said half of these were under-rated.
The Clansman for example, is largely over-rated! :mad:

The Clansman is underrated! Are you crazy? Too many people go "Oh well, its Blaze era so it must suck!" when in fact it rules! Especially the solo in the intro, ahhh lovely :)

Children Of The Damned is my 2nd greatest Maiden song ever, yet they don't play it live or anything now, therefore that is my choice.

I voted for The Clansman, not because it's the most underrated, but it's the best song on the list.

But having recently dived back into Maiden, I discovered that I actually really love No Prayer for the Dying after having for so long thought it was a stinker.

So I'm gonna throw some other underrated gems into this thread, or at least ones I never hear being discussed:

- Tailgunner
- Hooks In You
- Only The Good Die Young
- Sun And Steel
- Heaven Can Wait

Hooks In You in particular is kicking me in the nuts something fierce right now.

I voted "Sea of Madness" and "Stranger in a Strange Land", both epic as fuck. Also would add "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" and "Deja Vu". Epic as fuck album all around. Other than that the only ones that comes to mind as particularly underrated are "Lightning Strikes Twice" and "When Two Worlds Collide" but I can kind of see why too. *glug*

Surprised I never replied to this. "Hooks In You" is the correct answer but it's not on the list, so I'd go with "Stranger in a Strange Land" or "Purgatory".

I've been wondering what my favourite Maiden song is lately. For years I've gone with "22 Acacia Avenue" but these days I'm leaning towards "Prowler" or the aforementioned "Stranger in a Strange Land" or "Wasted Years" or something else.