Maidens most underrated song

Iron Maidens most underrated song is.....

• Infinite Dreams

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Purgatory

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Fates Warning

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

• Sign Of The Cross

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • The Clansman

• Mother Russia

• Be Quick Or Be Dead

• The Wickerman

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • The Fallen Angel

• Judgement Day

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Children Of The Damned

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Revelations

• Stranger In A Strange Land

• Sea Of Madness

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Flash Of The Blade

• Back To The Village

• Flight Of Icarus

• Wasting Love

• The Aftermath

• Total voters
The two poll options that surprise me the most are The Wicker Man and Flight of Icarus? I would have thought these two tracks would be seen as classics. The Wicker Man I can forgive, considering this was done in 2002 and it would have been fresh... but no excuse for Flight of Icarus. Both amazing songs, obviously.

There's only one song on NPFTD I don't like and that's Mother Russia. Everything else is great, and Hooks In You is in my top 5 Maiden songs.

I love Mother Russia, but that might be as a guitarist, as I really fell in love with it while learning to play it. Musically it is brilliant.

My main gripe with the album is Tailgunner and Holy Smoke, which sets a bad precedent being the first two tracks. Tailgunner is probably their weakest ever album opener. Steve should have trusted his instincts and recorded a live version or put some live crowd noise on there as he planned to, it might have helped, as the live version that came out as a bside is better. Holy Smoke is a good song, but Bruce's vocals sound to me to be a bit off the beat and a bit forced. Again, the live bside from the FotD era is much better.

I love Mother Russia, but that might be as a guitarist, as I really fell in love with it while learning to play it. Musically it is brilliant.

My main gripe with the album is Tailgunner and Holy Smoke, which sets a bad precedent being the first two tracks. Tailgunner is probably their weakest ever album opener. Steve should have trusted his instincts and recorded a live version or put some live crowd noise on there as he planned to, it might have helped, as the live version that came out as a bside is better. Holy Smoke is a good song, but Bruce's vocals sound to me to be a bit off the beat and a bit forced. Again, the live bside from the FotD era is much better.

Wow, easily two of my favourite songs on the album. I think Tailgunner is actually one of the better album openers and I fell in love with Holy Smoke a long time ago when as a teenager, me and my mates would laugh hysterically at the film clip.

I think Tailgunner is actually one of the better album openers..

Gotta agree with this dude
I've always liked Tailgunner, but it's been given a new life this past month watching my son sing along to it! His favourite song right now.

Are those the ones on FOTD tour edition? Iused to go to them all the time.

Maybe I need to have an Iron Maiden month...so much music to pick through these days I miss all of the classic, brilliant stuff