Mainstream music you like

karelrulez

Oct 5, 2002
Netherlands
www.ozrics.com
Well I was wondering if you guys also listen to bands that are well-known, but nonetheless good? here are some mainstream bands I like:

Moby
Muse
Coldplay
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Creed :D

ok I confessed, now it's your turn :cool:

The Metal Chick said:
I don't know if you also want to include nu-metal, but I like System of a Down. As for mainstream stuff, I also like Collective Soul, Tonic, and Hootie and the Blowfish. :loco:

Sorry I forgot about SOAD, I actually think they're quite talented

System of a Down
Mudvayne (the prog numetal band)
Tool
Classic rock stuff (if it counts)
Korn (Embarassing to say here, but they were my first metal band and they have some great songwriting)
Rage Against the Machine - I have all their stuff.
Audioslave

*cringes in a corner after admitting this stuff*

Metal Chick - Collective Soul rocks!

I don't know why people diss System of a Down, I think they have a lot of originality compared to other nu-metal bands. Especially in songs like Toxcicity, Aerials, and Spiders. They have this whole Arabic vibe in those songs and I really love the lyrics in their music.......very artistic and meaningful. I am kinda surprised they got pretty popular. I also like Tool (very unique sound.....not very nu-metalish to me), and Rage Against the Machine (mainly the band.......the vocalist had meaningful political views but got regurgitive after so long). I used to like Creed back during their first album, but that is only cause my neighbor down the street from me told me about them before they were known since her son was the original bass player up until after the recording of the second album. I don't listen to them much anymore since I got into prog metal but I still kinda like Sevendust, they are decently unique and the singer being black makes the vocals sound different and interesting. They were awesome back before I even knew about prog and power metal, a good trip away from the predictability of most mainstream music.

karelrulez said:
ok I confessed, now it's your turn :cool:
Why does liking mainstream music have to be a "confession"? There are loads of mainstream bands that are 100x better than 80% of the underground metal shit.

I like

U2
Björk
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Chili Peppers
Queen
Muse
Metallica (1980s)
Led Zeppelin
At The Drive-In
The Beatles
Tori Amos
Massive Attack
Radiohead
Jimi Hendrix
The Doors
Pioter Ilych Tchaikovsky
Tool
System of a Down
King Crimson
Queens of the Stone Age
Smashing Pumpkins
Nine Inch Nails
Pearl Jam
Sonic Youth
Soundgarden
Thin Lizzy
Sigur Rós

I like plenty more who i can't be bothered to list. If anyone wants to see my list of albums, just ask.

mainstream, mainstream..

-pearl jam (ten, vitalogy, vs, they were my first number one favorite band so they hold a special place for me still)
-Evanescence
-Tool
-Pantera
-Nirvana
-Staind
-Alice In Chains
-Dont kill me but the song Lose Yourself by Eminem is good I think, so much meaning for his life, the only rap song I can stand.
-Marilyn Manson (Mechanical Animals album especially, but other songs would be his rendition of Sweet Dreams, Tourniquet etc)

Blues Traveler
Celine Dion
Counting Crows
Tool (mainstream prog band)
Alice in Chains
Early Talica
Evanescence
Pearl Jam
Some Creed
Rage Against the Machine
Stone Temple Pilots
Soundgarden
Audioslave
Incubus
Some System of a Down
Sevendust (but i heard the new song and HATED it)

I have to say that i am an unbiased listener to most stuff (cept rap and most country) but I absolutely HATE Nirvana. No attack on anyone here but what is the big fucking deal with this 3 chord band? OH he was so briliant the lyrics are so good blah blah. Go ahead worship a heroin addict thumbs up to you!

Why should one be ashamed of liking mainstream stuff? Anyhow, this is my list...

Mudvayne
Deftones
Linkin Park
Radiohead
Tool
Kate Ryan
Scooter
Avril Lavigne
Pantera
System of a Down
Pink Floyd

...and probably a heap more I can`t remember...

Needled24Seven said:
ill be one to stand by your side. i actually like all eminem besides the new cd. i also like bone thugs n harmony, dre, and snoop. so shoot me :p

I'm with ya dude, I'm not into rap but I actually enjoy some older Eminem. great lyrics. Also Dre, fun to listen to when I have enough of flashy guitars.

FLechdrop said:
So who did stuff like theirs before?

Im assuming you mean Nirvana, but Alice in Chains came out in late 80s before them. AiC is sooo much better though, and could actually make cool music.

Funny story, they were originally a glam metal band which explains the name. :)