Major Odin's Court Announcement: New Vocals!

OdinsCourt

Valhalla
Sep 26, 2003
MD, USA
www.odinscourtband.com
17 December, 2006; FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

ODIN’S COURT is happy to announce the addition of a new member: GORDON TITTSWORTH on lead and backing vocals! Having GORDON join the band will add the final dimension needed for ODIN’S COURT to live up to their full potential, and to make their mark on the metal community. GORDON is being considered a very exciting enhancement, and will take on a good portion of the lead vocal duty. Band leader MATT BROOKINS will still sing some lead lines, as well as do backing vocals. Drummer JOHN ABELLA and guitarist RICK PIERPONT will continue to do backing vocals also.

MATT had the following to say: “The intent here is to give the vocals the depth I’ve always wanted. More layers, and much more interactive. Expect to hear us play off each other with lead lines and backing vocals. I did a lot of thinking about this, and while I feel vocal lesson’s with KIX frontman STEVE WHITEMAN vastly improved my ability, and while I think I am a good singer for certain styles (FLOYD-like, METALLICA-like, modern rock, country, blues, and some others), I will never be the technical master many fans of our style/genre of music expect to hear. Therefore, I felt it would do ODIN’S COURT more justice to have someone with that technical, yet emotional delivery fans are typically expecting, to participate in the band with me – so that we can both add to the songs as appropriate. I talked to my good friend GORDON, who is an amazing singer, and we hashed things out.”

GORDON added the following: “I've witnessed ODIN’S COURT transform from a Southern Maryland bar band to a full blown theatrical concert band; so needless to say, I was flattered and honored when MATT approached me with the opportunity to join. It was an opportunity that I could not pass up. My band IMAGES OF EDEN and ODIN’S COURT have been ‘brothers in metal’ for several years, so I'm really excited about everything and looking forward to teaming up and doing CDs and shows.”

For a sample of things to come, surf over to the ODIN’S COURT website and download a demo version of "D2C". MATT had some comments about the recording: “We are currently working on a new album, and we’re super excited about it and GORDON’S involvement. So we didn’t want to detract from that. However, to give fans a sense of what’s to come with the change in vocal arrangements, we felt it necessary to put a demo out there. Since we had already taken the live DVD audio recording and had GORDON sing MATT’S lines on there as an audition, we decided to release it to the public. The intent isn’t to have a studio perfect sound, but to give folks a taste of what is to come.”

For more information about this and other news, go to the ODIN’S COURTofficial website. Look for more exciting announcements from ODIN’S COURT in the coming days/weeks about what is in store for 2007!

And remember we have our own board here on UM.com, so surf on over! :)

That's really cool Rick, Look forward to hearing OC with the enhanced vocal delivery! Good Luck and continued success in the new year!
Hey Brett! Thanks! :lol: Wow, that almost sounds like a feature for a new car. "Yes, and this model comes with 'Enhanced Vocal Delievery' as long as you get the sports package." Seriously though, thanks! I know we are all looking forward to it too!

Kenneth R. said:
Thanks dude! Next time you see us in NY (whenever that happens), it will be a very different experience!

Burke said:

I really think this was a step in the right direction. While Matt & Rick are friends of mine above all else, this will push the band musically to the next level. Looking forward to hearing some output from the new lineup!

Get to work! :)

J-Dubya