Making The Switch To PT11?

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
Anyone out there like me just sitting and waiting to pounce on PT11 but there are a few things holding you back? Here are a couple of my little reasons for not jumping yet.

-Love Massey Plugins (not available aax yet?)
- I have waves bundle and I did buy version 9. I have been told that as long as you have 9 it will work aax with PT11 but i havent been able to get confirmation. Didnt wanna pay WUP yet.
-Protools 10 is working fine.

Just curious to see if anyone else has any reasons for not switching over yet. More or less just a thread to shoot the shit about PT11. There are definitely more reasons than not to switch as far as I can see. Also can anyone confirm the waves thing for me?

The reason I'm not upgrading is the $300 upgrade fee. I'll wait another year, 10 is working fine, I can deal with no offline bounce. I also use a couple massey plugins daily.

Well, it works with almost nothing with a friends setup. It doesn't support the roland interface drivers, lost 80% of the plugins, massey, bootsy, stillwell, sonimus etc only waves/uad/mcdsp seem to be aaxing atm, fxpansion won't work with it ... its not worth it just for ickle "real time" bounce and a some fruity meters ... maybe for the better processing use.

I am still on PT9 and it does not hold me back from recording and mixing stuff.
Basically two things stop me from upgrading now (later I probably will):
- The upgrade price (other things are higher on my shopping list)
- I cannot live without my ValhallaDSP Vee3, VRoom and Ubermod

Why I want to upgrade:
- Larger faders in the mix view
- Offline bounce
- Hopefully faster session loading times (but I blame my Waves plugins for that and I doubt that PT11 will speed up the loading of those).
All not worth the asked price for me now and time works for me as PT11 gets more stable while I am waiting.

Why I want to upgrade:
- Larger faders in the mix view
- Offline bounce
- Hopefully faster session loading times (but I blame my Waves plugins for that and I doubt that PT11 will speed up the loading of those).
All not worth the asked price for me now and time works for me as PT11 gets more stable while I am waiting.

Large faders? Weren't that PT HD exclusive?

Im also still on Pt9 just because of the lack of plugin support atm. But you can buy pt11 cause you get a pt10 license for free. I've heard that fade's etc works much faster, you know when you're gonna BeatD-fade/smooth a whole song, it takes like 10min on pt9 haha. <-- Good time to take a pause though!

You are right 10 is perfectly good and shouldnt hold you back at all I still used 10 on my studio Rig because i have TDM cards and a Pro Control, None of which work in 11.
Waves V9 plugins work great in 11 and you can download the AAX patch here:
http://www.waves.com/downloads/v9

There are over 700 plugins and VI's available for AAX see here:
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2013/11/26/aax-passes-700-plug-in-mark.html

What is available can be checked on the plugin database here:
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/aax-database/

I'm using 11 on my second PC and my Laptop and i would say that the biggest 2 reasons to upgrade over 10 is firstthe Audio engine rewrite, it will claw back shit loads of CPU and Memory for you computer its efficiency gives a slightly ageing computer a new lease of life, the Dynamic host processing feature is also a huge CPU saver where is there are plugins inserted on tracks that are not currently passing audio they are bypassed automatically so they do not take up any CPU power at all as if they were not even inserted, then they come active when they sense a piece of audio is about to be played. if you dont believe me how good it is download the demo and try it, you can have PT10.3.7 and 11.0.2 both installed at the same time and the demo gives you a 30 day full license.
The second reason is 64 bit memory usage, you can now actually use more that 4 gigs of RAM, thats awesome for virtual instauments, big drum kit VI's etc worth its weight in gold if you ask me.

I might keep 10, my TDM cards and my pro control as my main studio mixing rig but im seriously considering slaving my second machine with 11 on it so i can use it for VI's.