Males and Females

If Krampus was not interacial she would have nothing to post. get over it

Everyone knows that pride is stupid.

What are you talking about? The only "interracial" I am could be filthy Jap blood from the occupation during the 30s and 40s during the Jap empire in Korea but probably unlikely.

@unknown WOOHOO MAKE OUT MAKE OUT MAKE OUT. Fun times.

I have a lot of male friends who have girlfriends/wives with whom there is no awkward tension, but I'm not really a woman

It's definitely untrue that men cannot be mere friends with (attractive, is what I assume we're talking about) women without an ulterior motive. The majority of my friends are women for whom I have no interest in beyond friendship, and even the few that I would be interested in more with I would still be friends with regardless. I wouldn't be attracted to a woman if I didn't get along with her on a personal level (i.e. friendship) anyway, so it's basically impossible (for some anyway) to be friends with a woman simply because I have some deep-seeded hope that I'll some day have a shot at her. Just because a woman is attractive doesn't mean she can't also be a friend. It's alarming how simple that statement is yet I feel that it needs to be stated anyway. I'm not speaking for all men, because I know that there are in fact a lot of stupid men in the world who are incapable of dealing with the opposite sex in any way that doesn't eventually involve a penis, but I'm sure there are plenty of men who are capable of actually being friends with an attractive woman instead of pretending to be friends while crossing his fingers behind his back in the hope that he'll eventually get in her pants.

Besides, there are plenty of reasons that a guy wouldn't want to be in a relationship with an attractive female friend, like personality clashes, if she has children, religious disagreements, or any number of irreconcilable differences that one can foresee potentially destroying a relationship.

^^This guy

I honestly don't feel the desire to have intimate relations with anyone I don't see as potentially worthwhile on a deeper level. Even at that, I'm perfectly capable of being friends with a bright, attractive woman without having the hope of banging her loom over all of our interaction. If I need to satisfy my primordial sexual obligations, I'll do it without involving someone else that doesn't need to be involved.

What I'm saying is that at some point, there's something there even if just briefly. I'm never going to be getting drunk with my girlfriends at any point where I might have a moment where I find them hot, or would pursue anything other than friendship. I just highly doubt the same can be said of a friendship between a hetero man and woman.

I think I can safely say that whatever feelings I may have had in the past for this girl are completely gone at this point, and have been since I got with my girlfriend. Honestly, the only thing I intend to accomplish is salvaging a friendship that I once had with her.

What I'm saying is that at some point, there's something there even if just briefly. I'm never going to be getting drunk with my girlfriends at any point where I might have a moment where I find them hot, or would pursue anything other than friendship. I just highly doubt the same can be said of a friendship between a hetero man and woman.

possessive much?

what is this about males and females cant be "just friends"? ...one of my best friends is a female and we are just friends

I have a couple of female friends at the university that i hang out with them quite often when my other friends have classes. And we all are literally just friends and nothing more.

Women these days get drunk and make out with their girlfriends all the time...so that's not the best argument to use. However, the point that I was making was that even if a man has some level of intimate feelings for a woman, that doesn't mean that his feelings of friendship to her are not genuine or based purely on his romantic feelings. What the opposite side of the argument seemed to be implying was that guys basically only pretend to be friends with women so that they can be in prime pouncing position should the opportunity arise. Now, I'm sure that is true for a lot of guys, but it's definitely far from universal.

Got into a bit of a discussion with a good friend of mine, and since it's on topic with the current discussion:

ATTRACTION! Is it a choice?