Males and Females

The ex and I are good now. Yay. It's nice that she didn't yell at me and turn one of my best friends against me.

Or Zanis, the planet-sized space being that can create quantum ripples to alter events that once spoke to me.

That whole "never give up hope" thing sometimes turns out pretty alright. Still need a bit more luck and a bit more effort and all, but things seem to be turning around.

No, man. You don't understand Christian logic. If you love God, he'll reward you, but not always, even if you're genuine, because he has a plan for you, that you don't always know, that doesn't always make you happy, but will make others happy, but doesn't always make others happy, but will get you to paradise in the end if you truly believe, even if you didn't, because you can repent.

Nah, you just choose a way of looking at things that favors accepting that good things are more eventual and permanent and bad things are more immediate and fleeting.

"good things are more eventual and permanent and bad things are more immediate and fleeting."

How does the statement I made relate to this comment and allow you to make that claim?

I was explaining that hope wasn't simply "surrendering your mind," but changing your perspective.

I think the philosophical dialogues of Seinfeld could shine an important light on the issue of hope.

George: I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become hopeless. When you’re hopeless you don't care. And when you don't care, that indifference makes you attractive.
Jerry: So, hopelessness is the key?
George: It's my only hope.

If I ever asked my father for money and he found out I was buying any thing even remotely like that... I'm pretty sure he would literally knock my teeth down the back of my throat.

The thing is that most of the money I use isn't for pot, and I wasn't asking them to give me money. I was asking them to let me have money that was already mine in the first place. When I told them I smoke they yelled at me for a good while.