Males and Females

Don't dip your pen in the company ink. I know from experience. It is nothing but awkward after the break up

seriously. I've never experienced this personally, but some of my friends have, and it never ends up well. Even classmates...wait until the end of the semester.

I've mixed alcohol and sex a couple times. It's not as good as doing it sober, IMO.

I got good and trashed and had sex with my fiance exactly one night.
She told me this wild story the next morning... of which I have no recollection whatsoever.

That... isnt what I'd call ideal, especially for the guys on this board that are still virgins.

Good point.

I think that when I declined her offer I would say something like "I really would love to, but I just feel that it might be inappropriate. I'm not sure how it would be viewed by others here at the office, or my girlfriend for that matter."

Now, in all likelihood no one at the office would ever know; but having suggested it raises the possibility, and thus makes her response more meaningful. For instance, if she says: "No one here needs to know," then I know what she has in mind. If she says, "Who cares if they know, we're just getting a drink," it's less likely (although still possible, especially if she's a tactful person). No matter what is said, I doubt that this deline could be interpreted as offensive. If she's intelligent, she'll understand my hesitance. If she's offended, then it's likely I wouldn't want to be involved with her anyway.

If I asked a guy out for a drink and he responded that way I'd probably cover my ass by saying "I'm not interested in you like that" even if I were...I'm pretty sure that would be a typical response. Of course, she hasn't asked you out for that drink and may never do so...

Agreed x many on the "don't shit where you eat" stuff. Dating/sleeping with people within your work, class, or circle of friends is generally not a great idea. Pretty much most people I've dated have been total outsiders to my existing world.

seriously. I've never experienced this personally, but some of my friends have, and it never ends up well. Even classmates...wait until the end of the semester.

Yeah, I'm mainly just pissed at her for how she broke up with me and not for actually breaking up with me. I have a hard time actually talking to her outside of Facebook and even then I don't even respond to her comments on my wall.

What do you mean by "lost puppy?"

I suppose eager or overly willing to please? I'm pretty sure it's a consequence of being so picky. When you finally come across someone who is interesting both mentally and physically you maybe try a little harder than your average bear? I've gotten pickier as I've gotten older. Back in high school I'd date anything remotely attractive that showed any interest back and it was easy to stay lackadaisical about the whole thing when your standards aren't as high. And at least in the early stages of relationships women love the guys who just don't give a shit. =P

I suppose eager or overly willing to please? I'm pretty sure it's a consequence of being so picky. When you finally come across someone who is interesting both mentally and physically you maybe try a little harder than your average bear? I've gotten pickier as I've gotten older. Back in high school I'd date anything remotely attractive that showed any interest back and it was easy to stay lackadaisical about the whole thing when your standards aren't as high. And at least in the early stages of relationships women love the guys who just don't give a shit. =P

Yeah eager guys come across as desperate, pathetic and lonely no matter what the actual backstory. As fucked up as it is, a good amount of women are impressed by guys with tons and tons of options. If you make like you choose X chick out of your huuuuuuuuuuge harem of other options, not only will she be glad to have your attention but (perhaps more importantly) she'll feel like she's won the game, which satisifies the desire for validation/competitive edge.

I wouldn't say females love the guys who DON'T GIVE A SHIT, but like I said earlier it's best not to appear too eager. A lot of chicks are really turned off by a man who treats her like a princess.

That's why you beat 'em and cheat 'em. They'll love you forever. ;)
But seriously, I'm at one of those great stages in a long-term relationship where we're revisiting that infatuation and lust stage. It's awesome being over the "We're so fucking bored with each other that we should just become celibate" stage. That's the dynamics of marriage, the ebb and flow.

I wouldn't say females love the guys who DON'T GIVE A SHIT, but like I said earlier it's best not to appear too eager. A lot of chicks are really turned off by a man who treats her like a princess.

Yep. There's definite a tendency to "princess" for me. Though at least it's in a pro-active manner. Nothing is more pathetic than the relationships where you have that bitchy loud woman treating the guy like a doormat and he just takes it. If it has to be one of the two I'll take chauvinism over psycho fem-nazis any day of the week.

Yep. There's definite a tendency to "princess" for me. Though at least it's in a pro-active manner. Nothing is more pathetic than the relationships where you have that bitchy loud woman treating the guy like a doormat and he just takes it. If it has to be one of the two I'll take chauvinism over psycho fem-nazis any day of the week.

man so many relationships I've seen fall grossly to either extreme. I'm not sure you're using "psycho fem-nazi" in the right context though.